- Bard College
- Contact Us
About Bard MAT
Bard MAT students carry out their studies on the Bard campus and engage in field experiences in nearby schools in the Hudson Valley, working with experienced teachers who are active members of the MAT educational community.
Getting to BardIn New York State, take the Taconic State Parkway to the Red Hook/Route 199 exit, drive west on Route 199 through the village of Red Hook to Route 9G, turn right onto Route 9G, and drive north 1.6 miles. Or take the New York State Thruway (I-87) to Exit 19 (Kingston), take Route 209 (changes to Route 199 at the Hudson River) over the Kingston-Rhinecliff Bridge to Route 9G, turn left onto Route 9G and drive north 3.5 miles.
Getting AroundAll BardMAT graduate students must have access to their own vehicle during their time in the Program.
- AMTRAK (Rhinecliff, NY), 845-876-3364; 800-USA-RAIL;
- Metro-North (Poughkeepsie, NY), 800-638-7646
- Red Hook Taxi, 845-758-1478
- Rhinebeck Taxi, 845-876-5466
- Horseless Carriage, 845-757-2900
- Chariot Taxi, 845-876-3000
- Albany International Airport: 518-242-2200, 518-242-2299;
- Stewart-Newburgh International Airport: 845-564-7200