- Bard College
- Contact Us
Public School Partnerships
In forming partnerships with clusters of public schools in the Hudson Valley, the MAT Program at Bard College has created fully integrated professional learning communities (college program, partner school, apprentice teachers) inspired by the professional development school model.
Learning to Teach with Partners in the Public SchoolsThe MAT Program at Bard College has working partnerships with several public schools in upstate New York. Below are a few of our partner schools. We invite you to visit these schools at the websites below.
- Berkshire Union Free School District, Hudson, New York
- Catskill Central School District, Catskill, New York
- Chatham Central Schools, Chatham, New York
- Germantown Central School District, Germantown, NY
- Hudson City School District, Hudson, New York
- Hyde Park Central Schools, Hyde Park, New York
- Kingston City Schools, Kingston, New York
- Millbrook Central School District, Millbrook, New York
- Newburgh City Schools, Newburgh, NY
- Onteora Central Schools, Boiceville, New York
- Pine Plains Central School District, Pine Plains, New York
- Poughkeepsie City Schools, Poughkeepsie, New York
- Red Hook Central Schools, Red Hook, New York
- Rhinebeck Central Schools, Rhinebeck, New York
- Valley Central School District, Montgomery, New York
ApprenticeshipsThe apprenticeships that MAT students serve in the program's partner schools exceed what more conventional programs demand. MAT students are embedded in public schools throughout the year, allowing for daily interaction and experience in the classroom.
The faculty of the MAT Program is committed to supporting the initiatives of participating public school teachers and their schools. The MAT Program encourages public school teachers to engage in the reflection that is necessary for them to become better educators and, therefore, leaders in the improvement of education and schools.