- Bard College
- Contact Us
Students who complete the MAT Program at Bard are recommended for New York State Initial Teacher Certification (grades 7-12) by the College in Biology, English Language Arts, Mathematics, Social Studies, or Spanish. All students can also receive TESOL Certification through a series of workshops offered at the College during their time in the Program.
Certification Requirements (Initial Certification)In addition to the requirements for the Master of Arts in Teaching degree, there are state requirements that must also be completed in order for certification to be granted. The Program provides guidance, support and information to current students regarding these requirements, completion deadlines, study guides and other important information.
The fees below are related to NYS Certification and are required by the New York State Department of Education (NYSED). Total cost should not exceed $1000. All NYSED requirements are the financial responsibility of the student. General information about NYSED Teacher Certification requirements can be found on the NYSED website. Prospective students are encouraged to email us with any questions regarding certification requirements.
New York State Certification Requirements (an overview):
Fees are set by NYSED and are subject to change. Fees may vary by provider. More information about these requirements can be found by clicking on the links below. Certification costs are the responsibility of the student.
- Fingerprinting ($100.25)
- Child Abuse Identification Workshop ($35)
- Violence Prevention and Intervention Workshop ($35)
- DASA (Training in Harassment, Bullying, Cyber-bullying, and Discrimination in Schools) ($50)
- Educating All Students (EAS) Test ($92)
- Content Specialty Test (CST) in the subject area ($134)
- General Test Information and Study Guides
- edTPA (Teacher Performance Assessment Portfolio) ($300)
- Application for Certification ($50)