Prospective Students Visiting
Open House for Selected Applicants
Interviews with MFA Faculty
Saturday, March 7, 2015
9:30am - 5:00pm
Check-in at Fisher Studio Arts Building
Bard Shuttle Pick-Up at Rhinecliff Amtrak Station
Bard Shuttle Drop Off at Rhinecliff Amtrak Station
In case of a snow emergency, the Open House will be postponed to Sunday, March 8 with interviews at the same assigned times as Saturday appointments.
Directions to Bard
Bard College is in Annandale-on-Hudson, New York, on the east bank of the Hudson River, about 90 miles north of New York City and 220 miles southwest of Boston.
GPS address: 51 N. Ravine Rd., Red Hook, NY, 12571.
- From southern Connecticut, follow I-84 to the Taconic State Parkway, take the Taconic north to the Red Hook/Route 199 exit, drive west on Route 199 through the village of Red Hook to Route 9G, turn right onto Route 9G, and drive north 1.6 miles.
- From northern Connecticut, take Route 44 to Route 199 at Millerton, drive west on Route 199, and proceed as from southern Connecticut.
- From Massachusetts and northern New England, take the Massachusetts Turnpike to Exit B-2 (Taconic Parkway), take the Taconic south to the Red Hook/Route 199 exit, and proceed as from southern Connecticut.
- From New York City, New Jersey, and points south, take the New York State Thruway (I-87) to Exit 19 (Kingston), take Route 209 (changes to Route 199 at the Hudson River) over the Kingston-Rhinecliff Bridge to Route 9G; at the second light, turn left onto Route 9G and drive north 3.5 miles.
- From Albany, take the New York State Thruway to Exit 19 and proceed as from New York City.
From 9G, turn at the light onto River Road. Keep right at the fork and merge onto Annandale Road. Turn left onto N. Ravine Road (following signs for Admissions) and park in the first lot on the left. You will see a large brick building adjacent to the parking lot (Fisher Studio Arts). To it's right is a small, tan-colored, metal-sided building. This is not a storage shed, it is Fisher Annex. The MFA office is located in Fisher Annex, room 118, last door on the right.
Amtrak provides service from Penn Station in New York City and from Albany and points north to Rhinecliff, about 9 miles south of campus. The train ride from New York City takes approximately 1.5 hours. Taxi service is readily available at the Rhinecliff station, a 20-minute drive from campus.
- A-1 Transportation, 845-473-7600
- Country Cab, 845-758-8008
- Northeast Transport Services, 845-876-3000
- Red Hook/Rhinebeck Taxi, 845-758-1478 & 845-876-2010
- Tivoli-Bard Taxi, 845-757-4222
- Town Taxi, 845-758-1010
- Village Taxi, 845-757-2244
Bard College is accessible from Kennedy and LaGuardia airports in New York City; and from the airports in Newark, New Jersey, and Albany and Newburgh, New York.
For more details on area travel options, refer to Bard's transportation website.
Bard cannot provide on-campus accommodations for visitors, but hotels, B&B's, and motels are plentiful in the area. List of local accommodations.