Bard Center for Environmental Policy and Bard Office of Sustainability Present
Saturday, October 13, 2012
Green Vehicle Expo and Student-Led Panel
Reem-Kayden Center Laszlo Z. Bito '60 Auditorium
12:30 pm – 5:30 pm
12:30 pm – 5:30 pm
An Addiction to Cars: Air Quality and Policy Challenges in the U.S. Transportation SectorThe Bard Center for Environmental Policy and the Bard Office of Sustainability are hosting a Green Vehicle Expo and Expert Panel during Family Weekend at Bard College.
Transportation Expo: 12:30 - 3:30 pm (test drive the VOLT!)
Panel Discussion: 4:00 - 5:00 pm
Wine and Cheese Reception: 5:00 - 6:00 pm
The Expo will feature Chevy Volt (test drives available), Zipcar, Nissan Leaf, and more. The expo is open from 12:30 - 3:30 in front of the Reem-Kayden Center.
1) NYCLHVCC - Clean Cities (host)
2) Bard Grad Programs in Sustainability (host)
3) BoS (host) + Zipcar + Charging station
5) Bike Co-op
7) Bike Share
9) General Motors
The Panel will feature green transportation experts and take place following the expo. Each panelist will do a short 3-5 minute introduction and provide initial thoughts on the topic overall. Bard CEP graduate students will then focus the conversation through questions, where each panelist will get to answer questions relevant to their expertise. We will then take questions from the audience.
Registration is closed.
* Adam Ruder, Associate Project Manager, NYSERDA - Panelist
* Keith Kerman, Deputy Commissioner for NYC Department of Citywide Administrative Services - Panelist
* Andrew Bata, Chief, Strategic Improvements and Best Practices, Office of Strategic Innovation and Technology, MTA New York City Transit
* John Maserjian, Director of Media Relations, Central Hudson Panelist
* Mark Lytle, Lyford Paterson Edwards and Helen Gray Edwards Professor of Historical Studies, Coordinator, Environmental and Urban Studies, Bard College - Panelist
*Eban Goodstein, Director, Bard Center for Environmental Policy and Director, Bard MBA in Sustainability - Moderator
Download: Green Car Panel 2012.pdf
For more information, call 845-758-7071, or e-mail email@example.com.
Time: 12:30 pm – 5:30 pm
Location: Reem-Kayden Center Laszlo Z. Bito '60 Auditorium