Visiting and Exchange Students

Visiting and Exchange Students

Contact Us

Bard College
Institute for International Liberal Education

PO Box 5000
Ottaway Gatehouse
Annandale-on-Hudson, NY 12504-5000

Trish Fleming
Study Abroad Advisor
Phone: 845-758-7076
Fax: 845-758-7040


Non-U.S. citizens studying at Bard must submit the Certificate of Eligibility for non-immigrant (J-1) student status (DS-2019 form) in order to study at the College.

Visa Checklist for Visiting and Exchange Students

  • Apply for a student visa (J-1 student) at the U.S. consulate in your country of citizenship or country of legal residence and receive a valid U.S. student visa stamp on your passport.
Note: By now you should have received a student visa document (form DS-2019) processed by the College, which is an essential document for your visa application process.

  • After you receive a U.S. student visa stamp on your passport, please make sure you pack all important travel documents and supporting documents in your hand luggage/personal carry-on:
- Valid passport with a student visa stamp and visa document (form DS-2019)
- All other documents mentioned on the letter included with your visa document mailing—it is best to bring all documents you prepared for the visa interview with you.