Checklist for Incoming
Questions? E-mail Manishka Kalupahana (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the International Student Services Office.
Documents Needed from Each International Student F-1 Visa Document Applicant
The Office of Admission will be in touch with you regarding all information and documents needed for visa document processing. Please gather all documents listed below prior to the Office of Admission’s request. VIEW MORE >>
Arrival Checklist for International Students
- Please make sure all required housing, health, and other forms are completed and submitted before your arrival.
- You have received billing information with a payment schedule by now. Please make sure you have made the required payments on time or before your arrival on campus. If there are any unpaid balances, please plan to make a payment on the day you arrive on campus, at the latest.
- Make sure you complete the required readings for the Language and Thinking Program before your arrival on campus.
Packing Checklist for International Students
- Plan to bring a minimum of $200 in cash for your initial expenses upon arrival in the U.S. This may cover your transportation costs to Bard and other incidental expenses for the first few days.
- Plan to pack one set of bedding (bed sheets, pillow cases) and towel/s for use when you arrive on campus.
- Plan to pack a few essential personal items such as shampoo, soap, tooth brush, and tooth paste for the first few days after your planned arrival on campus.
- Keep in mind that the temperature in the area may fluctuate. It is always advisable to carry a range of clothing that can be layered as you wish throughout the day.
- In terms of warm clothing for winter, there will be many opportunities for you to shop for winter jackets, boots, and other outerwear after you arrive. If you plan to purchase these items before arrival, a winter jacket with windbreaker capabilities will be best for the coldest days.
Fill out and return the following forms:
Forms have been mailed; you can also find them online
. VIEW MORE >>
All incoming students are required to register for e2campus,
Bard College’s emergency notification system. VIEW MORE >>
Log in and begin using your new Bard College e-mail account:
The College expects all students to check their Bard e-mail account regularly. All forthcoming correspondence regarding arrival, housing, and Language and Thinking will be sent to your Bard e-mail address. During the school year, official messages and notifications are often sent via e-mail. You may forward your Bard College e-mail to another host if you would like. Instructions can be found online
Complete the Bard College Sustainability Pledge:
Fill out our Sustainability Pledge
Send us a postcard from home!
Every year, incoming students mail the College a postcard from home. It can be store-bought or homemade—get creative! On it, write a message to your fellow first-year students. Mail the card to: Bard College Dean of Student Affairs Office, PO Box 5000 Annandale-on-Hudson, NY 12504-5000. If you are somewhere that you can’t mail internationally, e-mail a photo and message to us at email@example.com
, and we’ll make a postcard!