2017 Visa Checklist
1. Required Admission Documents
Those who provide all requested documents towards your student visa document processing by May 15, 2017 will be processed and mailed by June 30, 2017. The rest will be processed after June 30. Late May through June is the general visa document processing timeline for incoming first year international students. You will receive an e-mail soon after your visa document is processed and mailed.
- Letter of Admission (on original Bard letterhead with signature, this is important for visa appointment)
- Completed “International Student Certificate of Finances Guidelines” form (http://www.bard.edu/financialaid/applying/forms/).
- Financial aid award letter, if applicable (copy, if original is mailed out – if original received, will include in mail out packet with visa document).
- Copy/copies of financial documents (bank statements, savings certificates, etc.) in support of the amounts indicated on the “International Student Certificate of Finances Guidelines” form. These supporting financial documents should be dated May 1st or later to be eligible to process the student’s visa document. The total estimated cost for the first year freshman students at the college is $67,328. This is the minimum amount to be supported with the student’s financial documents to begin processing the visa document for the academic year 2014-2015.
- Copy of passport ID page (ONLY send the copy of the passport page that the student plans to use towards visa document processing).
- Copy of current U.S. visa page, if applicable (students currently studying in the U.S. or visiting the U.S.)
- Copy of current U.S. visa document (student currently studying in the U.S.)
- If the student is currently attending a U.S. high school, community college, college or university, this student needs to complete and fax the “F-1 student SEVIS record transfer to Bard College” form before visa document processing can begin at Bard.
- Apply for a student visa (F-1/J-1 student) at the U.S. consulate in your country of citizenship or country of legal residence and receive a valid U.S. student visa stamp on your passport.
- Valid passport with a student visa stamp and visa document (form I-20/DS 2019)
- All other documents mentioned on the letter included in your visa document mailing packet you received—it is best to bring all documents you prepared for the visa interview with you.