Visa Checklist for International Students
- Submit all information and documents requested by the office of admissions towards visa document processing
- Those who provide all requested documents towards your student visa document processing by May 15, 2015 will be processed and mailed by June 15, 2015. The rest will be processed after June 15th.
- Late May through June is the general visa document processing timeline for incoming first year international students.
- You will receive an e-mail soon after your visa document is processed and mailed
- Apply for a student visa (F-1/J-1 student) at the U.S. consulate in your country of citizenship or country of legal residence and receive a valid U.S. student visa stamp on your passport.
- After you receive a U.S. student visa stamp on your passport, please make sure you pack all important travel documents and supporting documents in your hand luggage/personal carry-on:
- Valid passport with a student visa stamp and visa document (form I-20/DS 2019)
- All other documents mentioned on the letter included in your visa document mailing packet you received—it is best to bring all documents you prepared for the visa interview with you.