International Students

International Students

Contact Us

Bard College
International Student Services Office
Center for Student Life and Advising
PO Box 5000
(30 Campus Road)
Annandale-on-Hudson, NY 12504-5000

Manishka Kalupahana
International Student Adviser
Phone: 845-758-7328

Nonimmigrant Student Visa

This information is directly relevant to all accepted international students who are in possession of a non-U.S. passport. However, those of you who are U.S. legal permanent residents/green card holders do not need a U.S. student visa prior to your arrival at the college. For those of you who are accepted students under the deferred action for childhood arrivals (DACA), you are not eligible to apply for a U.S. F-1 student visa. In addition, if you are currently in the U.S. under the “dependent” category of your parent/spouse/life partner’s visa, you may or may not need to apply for a student visa.

Visa Checklist for International Students

  • Apply for a student visa (F-1/J-1 student) at the U.S. consulate in your country of citizenship or country of legal residence and receive a valid U.S. student visa stamp on your passport.
Note: By now you should have received a student visa document (form I-20/ DS 2019) processed by the College, which is an essential document for your visa application process.

  • After you receive a U.S. student visa stamp on your passport, please make sure you pack all important travel documents and supporting documents in your hand luggage/personal carry-on:
- Valid passport with a student visa stamp and visa document (form I-20/DS 2019)
- All other documents mentioned on the letter included with your visa document mailing—it is best to bring all documents you prepared for the visa interview with you.