Welcome Prospective Parents!We appreciate that you have an interest in your student’s college search and so we have collected here for you some of the most commonly requested information about Bard College. Among the information you will find are quick links to the common curriculum, student affairs, and residence life. Parent Testimonials and Ask a Parent offer the parent perspective, while FAQs provide concise answers.
As you research what Bard has to offer, we understand there will be times when it is preferable to speak directly with us. Please do not hesitate to call Admissions directly - we are always delighted to make time for you!
Janet Stetson '81
Senior Associate Director of Admission
Coordinator of Parent/Faculty/Alumni/ae Relations
Admissions 845 758-7472
The Value of Liberal Education
Bard College President Leon Botstein in Conversation with Fareed Zakaria of CNN
Bard College president Leon Botstein and CNN's Fareed Zakaria consider the question: what is the value of a liberal arts education today? These two astute commentators on education and its role in society engage in a discussion moderated by Sam Tanenhaus, former editor of the New York Times Book Review.
Structure of the CurriculumThe pillars of the Bard education are the structure of the first year, including First-Year Seminar; the program- and concentration-based approach to study; Moderation; the concept of distribution by modes of thought; and the Senior Project.
Ask a Student
- The Professor Has a Past: Justus Rosenberg Tells the Story of Rescuing Refugees During WWII
- Dance Professor Leah Cox's Trajectory from Performer to Educator
- President Botstein Discusses New SAT on Good Day New York
- Bard College Completes $18M Purchase of Montgomery Place
- Chalmette High Senior is Awarded Posse Scholarship to Attend Bard College
- President Botstein Encourages Rethinking Arts, Humanities Education