Bard College fees cover tuition, room, board, health services, and student activities, in addition to costs that pertain only to first-year and off-campus students.
Bard seeks to assist qualified students who might not be able to attend a private college because of the cost. In recent years, approximately two-thirds of all Bard students have received some form of assistance from the College and/or federal, state, and private programs. Domestic and international students are also eligible, based on need and merit, for Bard scholarships and loans.
Buildings & Grounds
The Buildings & Grounds (B & G)office is located at the Physical Plant and is open Monday-Friday from 8am-5pm. Our phone # is 845-758-7465.
- If you have lost your room key or swipe, replacements are issued by B & G only after receiving a letter from Residence life. A fine of $15.00 will be issued for each key lost which will be paid at Student Accounts.
- If you need something fixed or need to report a maintenance issue or other problem you must submit a service request to B & G. Follow the link below to submit a service request.
Dine On Campus
All students living on campus are required to be on a meal plan. Dine on Campus offers flexible menus (including vegetarian, vegan, and limited kosher and halal selections) and extended meal times in the campus dining commons.
The Bard meal card is also legal tender in:
- the Down the Road café in central campus,
- the Ward Manor café in North campus, and
- the Green Onion, a campus grocery store.
Various choices are offered for the same fee.
Campus Safety & Security
The Department of Safety and Security is located in the Old Gym, adjacent to Olin Humanities. The Security Dispatcher's Office and the Patrol Office are located on the first floor. Security functions 24 hours a day. The Dispatch numbers are:Ext.: 7460
(Normal Business)Ext.: 7777
Community members should feel free to discuss security policy issues, or any other concerns at any time, confidentiality assured.
Campus Sustainability Efforts
Bard Office of Sustainability (BOS) seeks to enhance our environmental, social, and economic capital while operating within the limits of the ecosystem. The primary work of this office involves efficient transportation, flow of goods, and energy use. BOS fosters dialogue among community members, assesses new technology and industry best practices, coordinates projects, develops policy, and markets programs with the belief that all community members have a part in furthering sustainability.