Res Life Logo

Community Reporting

Are you concerned about a Bard student? Do you have information regarding campus policy violations, inclusive of vandalism and damages? If so, please contact a Peer Counselor (PC), Area Coordinator (AC), the Dean of Student Affairs Office, Counseling Services, the Office of Safety & Security or other appropriate campus resource.

You may also click here to submit an electronic report.

845 758-7777. Electronic reports will take at least 1-2 business days to process.

Student Handbook

In addition to the On Campus Living and Facilities Use Agreement, all students are expected to be familiar with and abide by policies as outlined in the Student Handbook.

Community Policies & Procedures

Residence Life

The Bard community flourishes if all members act in harmony to protect the rights of others and promote the College’s academic focus. When conflicts arise, it is the right and responsibility of the group, whether it’s the residence hall, club, or committee, to work out a solution that is fair to all. This chapter will outline residence hall regulations. All students, whether on or off campus residents, and their guests are subject to the terms and conditions of the Facilities Use Agreement . In the rare case that a student was not available to sign the agreement at move-in or Room Draw they are still bound to the agreement upon entering on-campus housing.

The College reserves the right to limit the use of its facilities or to terminate residential privileges if a student does not remain in good standing as defined in the College regulations, jeopardizes the well-being of others, or fails to comply with the terms of the Facilities Use Agreement. The Director of Housing has the right to reassign rooms or cancel housing privileges whenever such action is deemed to be in the best interest of the student or the College.


Housing Profile and Facility Use Agreement

This housing agreement is a commitment to live on-campus for the entire academic year. Cancellation of this agreement by moderated students who have participated in the Room Draw process will result in a $500 fee up until the last day of Room Draw (April 28) and $1,000 fee between the last day of Room Draw and May 31, 2016. After May 31st moderated students who notify the Office of Residence Life & Housing of their Intent to Move Off-Campus will be assessed the full cost of housing for the 2016-2017 academic year. The process and fee structure are also outlined here: Planning to Live Off-Campus.

Please remember, current First-Year Students are required to live on-campus their Sophomore year.

Pet Request Form

All pets must first be approved by the Office of Residence Life & Housing and with your current or future roommate(s). The College does not permit students to have dogs, cats, ferrets, rabbits, poisonous animals, snakes or birds. All pets must live in a cage or aquarium and must be in good health. If you are interested in bringing a pet to campus, please contact our office to start this process. ( or (845)758-7455.

Roommate Agreement Form

The Office of Residence Life & Housing strongly believes in the importance of having a roommate and learning to live with them. The experiences gained from living with another person are valuable life skills. However, we are aware that sometimes disagreements can arise. To help avoid these conflicts, we ask all first-year roommates to complete a Roommate Agreement form at the beginning of the year. The purpose of this form is to help the students define their individual needs in their space and understand how their needs can be affected by another person.

Students should feel free to seek the help of their Peer Counselor or Area Coordinator in the event of a conflict between roommates or to just help complete this form. If you would like to download the form before your Peer Counselor provides you with one, please download it below.