Roommate Pairs Find a HomeWednesday, April 17, 2019
Double Room Selection, Olin Hall
On the first night, we invite current First-Year students to come at times determined by their room draw number to select their double room for Fall 2019. All First-Years need to come paired with their new roommate for the 2019-2020 school year and the pair will select at the time of the lower room draw number.
* 6:30pm - 7:30pm—First-Years
(0 - 27 credits) numbers 1 - 240
* 7:30pm - 8:30pm—First-Years
(0 - 27 credits) numbers 241 - end #
Roommate Pairs choose for their room at the earliest room draw numbers. Both roommates should be present at selection unless one roommate completes a proxy form to approve your chosen roommate to select the room for the two of you.
Special Housing ApplicationsThursday, April 18th, 2019
Invited Selection, Barringer House
Special Applications Selection night will be invite-only to students who are pre-approved for special application housing. All applications are due Friday, April 5th by 1p.m.. The office of Residence Life & Housing will respond to applications throughout the following week.
Special Application Housing
* 5:00pm - 5:30pm—Senior Select
* 5:30pm - 6:00pm—Sands Substance Free
* 6:00pm - 6:30pm—Theme House One
* 6:30pm - 7:00pm—Theme House Two
* 5:00pm - 6:00pm— 5-Person Suites
* 6:00pm - 7:00pm— 4-Person Suites
For Suites only one representative of the group need attend to select a suite
More detailed descriptions of special interest housing can be found below in Information & Special Interest Housing Applications
Selecting Your Single RoomWednesday, April 24, 2019
Single Selection, Olin Hall
On the final night of Room Draw, Returning Seniors, Juniors, & Sophomores are invited to attend at times determined by their room draw number and class level to select their single room for 2019/2020 academic year. If you are unable to attend Room Draw night, complete a Proxy form to send a friend in your place or have the ResLife team pick your space based on your indicated preferences.
* 6:30pm - 7:00pm—Seniors
(92+ credits) numbers 1 - end #
* 7:00pm - 8:00pm—Juniors
(60-91 credits) numbers 1-end #
* 8:00pm - 8:45pm—Sophomores
(28 - 59 credits) numbers 1 - 240
* 8:45pm - 9:30pm—Sophomores
(28 - 59 credits) numbers 241 -end #
Before you go...Are you financially cleared?Students can confirm if they are financially cleared to participate in Room Draw
by visiting their online portal https://bardssb.bard.edu.
Important Dates & Deadlines
- Friday, March 1, 2019: Applications for Special Interest Communities Available. 4-Person & 5-Person Suites, Select Senior Singles, Themed Tree Houses, Sands Substance Free, and Feitler Food Co-Op available on website.
- Thursday, March 14, 2019: Call for Proposals of Themed Treehouses closes at 3PM. Themes announced shortly after, with an announcement out to the current First-Year class.
- Thursday, April 4, 2019: Last day for students to clarify any discrepancies with the Registrar’s Office in regard to class level and/or earned credits.
- Friday, April 5, 2019:
- All applications for Special Interest Communities are due by 1:00pm.
- Last day for students requesting "special circumstances" due to medical, physical, and/or psychological issues to notify the Office of Residence Life & Housing and Coordinator for Disability Services of their desire to be considered for a housing accommodation.
- All student accounts must be paid in full with no outstanding balances.
- Monday, April 8, 2019:
- Room Draw numbers can be accessed by logging in to BIP. Students must be financially cleared to view their Room Draw number.
- Wednesday, April 10 – Friday, April 12, 2019: Students who presently reside in a room designated for single occupancy and meet the criteria may request to SQUAT their room at the Office of Residence Life & Housing.
- Friday, April 12, 2019: Last day for students to request the Office of Residence Life & Housing to act as their proxy during the Room Draw process.
- May 31, 2019 by 5:00pm: Student must inform Office of Residence Life & Housing if they are canceling the room assignment they chose during Room Draw. There is a $1,000 cancelation fee assessed to student’s account. After May 31, student is responsible for the full cost of housing contract for the academic year as indicated on the Facility Use Agreement.