Res Life Logo

Transfer and Graduate Students

Transfer Student Check In

Gabrielle H. Reem and Herbert J. Kayden Center (RKC)

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Transfer Student Housing

Housing is not guaranteed for transfer students; however, accepted transfers may request on-campus housing by submitting the Housing Profile and Facility Use Agreement form. On-campus housing requests are granted when space permits and based on the timely submission of housing profiles. Notification of placement will occur as soon as housing becomes available.

Graduate-Student Housing

Graduate-Student Housing

Fall 2015 – Spring 2016

There is limited campus housing available to graduate students for the 2015–2016 academic year. There are a few different housing options:

Robbins Addition – Eight (8) single occupancy rooms with private bathroom located within a corridor style residence hall. Lower level of residence features a common area kitchen, laundry room, lounge and practice rooms designated for Conservatory and other music students.

Kappa House- Small house centrally located. Kappa House offers four (7) individual rooms on one level. It has a kitchen, common living room, two bathrooms, and washer/dryer.

Briggs House
- Small house on the outskirts of campus with 5 individual rooms, small kitchen/common room, 2 bathrooms, laundry facility.

Due to limited availability of on-campus housing, priority will be given to graduate students who have external restrictions to off-campus housing. For students seeking off campus housing, please refer to the link in the side bar.

All buildings have thermostats for temperature control and Ethernet (wireless and RJ-45 jacks). Each room is furnished with a bed frame and mattress, a  dresser, a desk and a desk chair.

Handicap accessible rooms are available for graduate student use. Any specific needs should be noted on the Graduate Housing Profile Form.

Once a student accepts a room on-campus for the fall, they have made a commitment to live on-campus for the entire academic school year. Thus, if a student elects to live off-campus in the spring, he/she will still be responsible for the spring housing fees.

Check-In for Housing
Students MUST pick up keys in the Multi-Purpose Room in the Campus Center on Saturday, August 29, 2015, between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. Students must be financially clear with student accounts before keys can be issued. Students who have a conflict with check-in time, must notify the Office of Residence Life prior  to check-in.

Any student who, due to his/her flight itinerary or other extenuating circumstance, needs to move in prior to August 29 should contact Residence Life to make arrangements. This should be done as soon as possible, as there is no guarantee a student will be allowed to move in early even if he/she is willing to pay the additional fee. Any student who moves in prior to August 29 will be charged an additional fee of $25/day. This includes programs whose academic calendar begins prior to this dateEven if a student is approved to move onto campus early, it may not be possible to move into the permanent placement at that time.

Students wishing to keep their room over the Bard intersession between fall and spring semesters have the option to do so at no additional cost, although housing is formally closed to ALL students during the Winter Break.

For informational purposes, at the end of the academic year graduate students are required to move out of housing by 3 p.m.,on the day following commencement.

Available Off-Campus Housing

20 most recent items posted in the Housing Board

Room Sublet: One room available in furnished apartment -walking distance to campus View More/Less

House Rental: 6 Bedroom in Tivoli View More/Less

House Rental: Two (2) bedroom private house, available June 3, 2015. View More/Less

House Rental: 5 bedroom Victorian with porch, View More/Less

House Rental: 98 Broadway known as the Lace House View More/Less

House Sublet: 1 bedroom available in a great house in Red Hook! View More/Less

Apartment Sublet: Beautiful, furnished summer sublet in Tivoli View More/Less
$650 per room /Month

House Sublet: 2 bedrooms in a great house in Red Hook!!! View More/Less
$500/room negotiable /Month

House Sublet: 2 bedrooms in a great house in Red Hook!!! View More/Less
$500/room negotiable /Month

Apartment Sublet: Studio apartment in Red Hook for sublet View More/Less
$600 (negotiable)/Month

House Rental: Available for Bard Graduation Weekend View More/Less
$1,500 for weekend/Week

Room Sublet: Sublet - 1 Bedroom in House on Montgomery Street, Tivoli View More/Less
$650 (negotiable)/Month

Room Sublet: Inexpensive, Cute Room to Sublet! View More/Less


Apartment Rental: Basement Apt near Red Hook View More/Less

House Rental: 100 yr old farmhouse View More/Less

Other Rental: Tivoli Rental View More/Less
$700 + utilities/Month

Room Rental: House Share off Whalesback road View More/Less

Apartment Sublet: Beautiful, furnished summer sublet in Tivoli View More/Less
$650 per room /Month

House Rental: Little House on Pitcher Lane View More/Less
$525 /Month