Human Resource Generalist - Recruitment and OnboardingEmployer Website: http://apply.interfolio.com/92948
As an HR Generalist, you will play an important role in helping to run the daily operations of the Human Resource department. supporting the work of maintaining and communicating policies and procedures throughout the organization. Reporting to the Associate Director of Human Resources, the largest area of responsibility for this position will be coordinating the nuts and bolts of the recruitment, on-boarding and orientation of new employees. We seek a hands-on utility player with a willingness to learn and an interest in developing professionally in Human Resources.
- Post jobs on the college website, applicant tracking system, and external sources; manage related logistics.
- Provide help in writing and editing job postings that effectively capture the position focus and attract the best candidates.
- Work both independently and with hiring managers to successfully source candidates. Develop and maintain sources locally, regionally, and nationally to enhance the college’s recruitment efforts, with a focus on enhancing diversity and inclusion within the college.
- Coordinate the onboarding process with employees and hiring managers in collaboration with the HR team.
- Assist in the development of a new hire orientation and engagement strategy for the first year of employment.
- Facilitate communication plans for new hires and hiring managers as part of the onboarding process.
- Help develop and administer employee and management training.
- Maintain the information management system as it relates to hiring, onboarding, orientation and training.
- Respond to general human resource related inquiries and provide personnel policy and procedure guidance to employees and management.
- Perform routine support tasks, as needed, related to employee benefits, worker’s compensation, disciplinary matters, performance evaluations, data management and health and safety.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field.
- 2-3 years of experience in a human resources position or in a related field.
- Work experience with a customer service focus.
- Ability to interpret and effectively communicate policies and procedures and resolve problems in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to build relationships with and support a college community that is broadly diverse with regard to race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, gender, gender identity, nationality, sexual orientation, and religion.
- Effective writing and communication skills
- General understanding of human resources concepts, practices and procedures and knowledge of basic employment law.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with MS Office and Google Suites. Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies.
- Must be able to use discretion and maintain confidentiality.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time and work in standard office environment
- Must be able to occasionally lift 20 pounds
- Must be able to work occasional weekends and evenings as needed
Please submit a cover letter, resume, diversity statement, and the contact information for three references to Interfolio: http://apply.interfolio.com/92948
About Bard College
Bard College is a private liberal arts college based in Annandale-on-Hudson, New York. Ninety miles from New York City, the 1,0000-acre campus sits along the Hudson River with views of the Catskill Mountains. In addition to the college, Bard has a conservatory, as well as eight graduate programs offering over 20 graduate degrees in the arts and sciences, and is home to the Fisher Performing Arts Center and the Hessel Museum of Art. The college has a network of over 35 affiliated programs, institutes, and centers throughout the United States and around the world. This includes the Bard Prison Initiative, the largest college-degree-granting prison education program in the U.S. With a reputation for scholarly excellence and civic engagement, Bard is committed to enriching culture, public life, and democratic discourse by training tomorrow’s thought leaders.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, mental, or physical disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, veteran status, or genetic information. Bard is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for all individuals in employment practices, services, programs, and activities.