International ApplicantsBard CEP graduates include citizens of many countries in Africa, Asia, South and Central America, and Europe. We welcome international students from a variety of academic and professional backgrounds. Our selection committee considers academic performance and GRE scores, but also looks closely at our applicants’ statement of purpose, general writing skills, relevant work experience, and faculty and employer evaluations. International applicants must be highly proficient in both reading and writing English. As noted below, Financial Aid options are available for international students.
DeadlinesJanuary 15 - Early admission deadline
March 15 - Regular admission deadline
May 15 - Final admission deadline (not recommended for International students who need time to apply for a visa, these students should apply by Jan. 15 or Mar. 15)
Applying to Bard CEPInternational Applicants should follow the general instructions for applying to the Bard CEP. Please plan ahead for international mail delays and request transcripts and test scores well ahead of the application deadline for which you are applying. Applicants should submit original copies of transcripts as well as copies translated into English.
Demonstration of English ProficiencyNon-native speakers of English must demonstrate proficiency in the English language through either:
- Successful completion of an undergraduate degree in the United States with a GPA of 3.0 or higher OR
- Completion of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a score of 100 or higher (use Bard College school code 2037) OR
- Completion of the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with a score of 7 or higher.
Applying for Financial AidTo be considered for financial aid at Bard College, international students and their parents are expected to complete the following forms:
- International Student Financial Aid Form
- Certification of Finances (foreign nationals file in order to obtain a visa)
The preferential deadline for the International Student Financial Aid Form and Certification of Finances is January 15th. International students should send all financial forms directly to the Bard Center for Environmental Policy.