Open Society University Network (OSUN)
HAHN Communications CoordinatorEmployer Website: https://apply.interfolio.com/88529
The Hannah Arendt Humanities Network (HAHN) at Bard College seeks a talented, highly organized, creative, self-starting individual to take on the role of Communications Coordinator. This is a part-time, non-exempt, 12 month per year position reporting to the Program Manager and Founding Director of the Hannah Arendt Humanities Network.
The Hannah Arendt Humanities Network is an OSUN-funded program working out the Hannah Arendt Center at Bard College. This is a grant-funded position, with guaranteed funding for fall 2021 through summer 2023.
Bard College’s main campus is in Annandale-on-Hudson, N.Y., with 1,900 undergraduate students; the College also includes multiple graduate programs. The 1,000-acre campus sits along the Hudson River and offers the Fisher Performing Arts Center, and Hessel Museum of Art, and is the home of the Bard Prison Initiative, the largest college-degree-granting prison education program in the U.S. The Bard Network also includes several Bard High School Early Colleges across the country as well as international campuses and partnerships. The Bard Network is complex and demonstrates Bard’s priorities well in addition to the College’s emphasis on civic engagement.
Bard College is a private institution working in the public interest. Bard faculty and staff lead their students by example, building upon the existing network of boundary-breaking programs focused on rethinking who can and should be included in a liberal arts education.
• Create a variety of different content to support HAHN communications and marketing efforts, including newsletters, social media, and press releases
• Assist program manager in developing and implementing a communications strategy designed to further HAHN’s objectives
• Monitor analytics and create reports detailing the successes and failures of communications campaigns and strategies
• Respond to media inquiries and maintain relationships with journalists and other members of the press
• Grow and maintain HAHN’s audience within the greater Bard and OSUN community Required
• Experience in a communications or marketing role
• BA in communications, the humanities, or relevant field
• Excellent time management and organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
• Strong writing and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to work both independently, remotely, and as part of a team
• Familiar with MS Word, Canva, Later.com, and other tools used for creating visually compelling media
• Knowledge of email marketing software such as Constant Contact or a similar program
• Ability to drive to and from Bard College’s campus Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Previous experience working in a non-profit or higher education setting
• Previous experience working with grants
• An interest in political science, the humanities, and/or the arts
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time and work in standard office environment
- Must be able to occasionally lift 20 pounds
- Must be able to work occasional weekends and evenings as needed
Please submit a cover letter, resume and the contact information for three references to: http://apply.interfolio.com/88529
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, mental, or physical disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, veteran status, or genetic information.
Bard is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for all individuals in employment practices, services, programs, and activities.