Bard High School Early College Manhattan
Special Education TeacherEmployer Website: https://apply.interfolio.com/89015
Bard High School Early College - Manhattan, a partnership of Bard College and the New York City Department of Education, invites applications for a full-time staff position beginning Fall 2021. BHSEC, a national model in the field of public school reform, enables talented and highly motivated students to move in four years from the ninth grade through the first two years of college, earning an associate of arts (A.A.) degree from Bard College as well as a high school diploma. The academic program emphasizes small class size and a commitment to teaching a diverse student body in a liberal arts environment.
BHSEC-M is seeking a licensed special education teacher to co-teach in our program. The successful candidate will work with students, families and teachers to accomplish the following responsibilities:
- Manage a caseload of students requiring ICT and related services
- Co-teach in classrooms in multiple subject areas
- Collaborate with faculty to address needs of individual students; design assignments and lessons; and provide class-specific and discipline support for students.
- Assess students’ needs and identify learning issues for students.
- Provide direct services to students in one-on-one and small group sessions.
- Write IEPs in collaboration with teachers and members of SIT team.
- Attend bi-weekly SIT meetings.
- Must have the willingness to work with faculty on inquiry approaches to teaching and learning as well as special education best practices.
- Update records on SESIS if applicable
- Communicate regularly with families to keep them informed and make them partners in students’ progress
Candidates should possess a Master's degree or higher in a relevant field, and demonstrate a commitment to teaching a diverse student body in a liberal arts environment. Special education certification and training required. Experience working with ELL issues and students is also desirable. Candidates should be flexible, have knowledge of a variety of techniques to support struggling learners, and be familiar with IEP process as well as SESIS.
Please send a cover letter and CV via the Interfolio job application link provided: http://apply.interfolio.com/89015
Review of applications begins immediately and will proceed until the position is filled.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, mental, or physical disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, veteran status, or genetic information.
Bard is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for all individuals in employment practices, services, programs, and activities.