Bard High School Early College Newark
BHSEC Fellow: Learning Center Coordinator (Bard High School Early College, Newark)Employer Website: https://apply.interfolio.com/89226
Bard High School Early College (BHSEC) Newark, a partnership between Bard College and Newark Public Schools (NPS) in Newark, NJ, invites applications for a full time position as a Learning Center Coordinator, a position within the BHSEC Fellows program. BHSEC Fellows offer B.A. graduates an opportunity to provide student tutoring and support, inside and outside the classroom setting, while offering the Fellow an opportunity to explore urban education as a potential career interest. BHSEC Fellows are rotating positions, generally held for two to three years.
The Learning Center Coordinator’s responsibilities will include:
- Participating in developing the curriculum for the College Experience – a college admissions preparatory class for Year 1 students and co-teaching the class;
- Supervision of study periods and substituting;
- Working with students individually, tutoring them in writing, math, and or science, depending on the Fellow’s specialization;
- Working closely with the other faculty and staff to monitor and support students who are struggling
- Training peer tutors and scheduling and monitoring peer tutors;
- Being available to students for supports of all kinds;
- Providing additional administrative support, especially to the deans, as needed.
- B.A. required
- Interest in working with diverse urban students required
- Peer tutoring experience required
- Experience with early college programs a plus
- Strong organizational and communication skills required.
- A demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with adolescents strongly preferred
Interested applicants should upload a letter of interest and curriculum vitae to the Interfolio job application link provide here: http://apply.interfolio.com/89226
Inquiries about the position should go to Shaviece Osborne, Dean of Students, at email@example.com
Review of applications to begin immediately.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, mental, or physical disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, veteran status, or genetic information.
Bard is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for all individuals in employment practices, services, programs, and activities.