HVAC, Level IUnder the supervision of the Physical Plant Department, and as delegated within the Buildings and Grounds and Administrative Management for Trades, Utilities, Grounds, Housekeeping, and general operations.
- Perform all duties including, but not limited to, the installation, repair, renovation and upkeep of College heating, HVAC, and components such as pumps, circulators, valves, heaters, pipes, control systems, tanks, heat pumps, geothermal heat pumps, air to air units, condensers, pneumatics, digital control systems, split systems, cooling towers, chilled water systems, and other related equipment.
- Perform all specific duties in a diligent and professional workmanlike manner.
- To operate and make use of required mechanical equipment relating to and in performance of specific duties.
- Operate vehicles for purpose of transportation of materials and equipment in the performance of duties.
- Maintain the necessary records for the acquisition and the inventory of materials as required.
- Assist other trades for the harmonious and expeditious completion of specific assignments.
- Report specific deficiencies and unsafe conditions in related Campus systems.
- Must have own hand tools to perform duties ina professional manner.
- Perform other related work as assigned and overtime as required.
- Conform to the safety and efficiency standards established by Bard College.
- Physical ability and Willingness to perform related work assigned.
- Must be a high school graduate or the equivalent.
- Verifiable professional work experience in HVAC work, or certification of Trade School education. Valid Refrigerant License.
- Valid NY State drivers license.
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, mental, or physical disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, veteran status, or genetic information.
Bard is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for all individuals in employment practices, services, programs, and activities.