Bard College at Simon's Rock
Visits and Events ManagerEmployer Website: https://simons-rock.edu/early-college/contact-us/job-opportunities/visits-and-events-manager.php
Bard Academy and Bard College at Simon’s Rock seek an experienced Visits and Events Manager. This position reports directly to the Director of Admission and Enrollment and is responsible for organizing events and visits for the Admissions and Enrollment Management office, supporting initiatives, communication activities and monitors prospect customer relationship management. This role serves in a project management capacity to ensure all the pieces come together to meet established expectations relative to the visitor experience and admission events.
Bard College at Simon’s Rock is the only four-year college in the United States specifically designed to allow highly motivated adolescents to fully realize their intellectual and creative potential by beginning college immediately after the 10th or 11th grade. For over 50 years, Simon’s Rock has occupied a unique space in the educational landscape, practicing the simple yet radical idea that many students are ready for college before the age of 18. We strive to do so in an inclusive environment where diverse perspectives are valued. Five years ago, Simon’s Rock opened Bard Academy at Simon's Rock, a two-year high school program for 9th- and 10th-graders on the path to starting college early. The campus is located on 275 acres in Great Barrington, Massachusetts, the center of the Berkshires and, according to Smithsonian Magazine, “the best small town in America.” Equidistant between New York and Boston, the Berkshires are a site of great natural beauty and numerous outdoor activities, as well as a cultural destination. AA/EOE.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- The Visits and Events Manager will be responsible for creating an exemplary visit experience both in-person and virtually for prospective students, families and educators.
- Supervises a team of student representative’s and provides training, development and support. Coordinates and implements the student representative tour assignment schedule and program.
- Supervises and collaborates with the front desk student representative.
- Coordinates, mentor and train students for panels, events, and overall representation of the institution.
- Develops, coordinates and implements on and off-campus events, including coordinating space rentals/reservations, food, space planning, and travel arrangements. Responsible for event registration and associated logistics. Creates special communications and invitations.
- Develops, implement and regularly evaluates the tour messaging and route consistency.
- Works closely with the Marketing and Communications Department, and Enrollment Operations to promote all events.
- Creates and maintains an atmosphere of positive customer service relations in the admission reception area.
- Prepares daily materials, including but not limited to: visit schedule and prospective student name tags.
- Coordinates mailings to prospective students.
- Makes necessary connections, well in advance, to institution representatives (such as faculty and staff) for families as needed or requested.
- Organizes data for regular or special reports such as yearly comparisons or surveys.
- Uses Slate for Student Contact Management.
- Works with other departments on campus to keep current about information presented to prospective students.
- Committee assignments.
- Manages and triages Admissions email inbox, and post mail.
- Keeps inventory and order office materials.
- Correspondence, Filing, Purchase Orders, and other administrative tasks.
- Special projects as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree is required, as well as a strong intellectual orientation and sense of curiosity.
- Successful candidate will have at least two plus years of event coordination and customer service experience.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, sensitive to confidential information, possess strong written and oral communication skills, and sophisticated technical/computer skills that support both efficient workflow and improvisation.
- Self-starter, ability to work independently and make sound decisions with flexibility/adaptability and a calm demeanor.
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate with university faculty and staff at all levels.
- Experience managing a budget.
- Strong multitasker and problem solver in high pressure situations.
- Working knowledge of Slate preferred.
- A professional and pleasant phone manner and strong customer service focus is required.
- Ability to accept feedback, take direction, and be accountable for outcomes.
- Demonstrate a genuine commitment to diversity, inclusion, and student driven admissions efforts.
- Background in graphic design a plus.
Tuesday through Saturday; additional hours as needed.
To apply, submit a cover letter and résumé to Director of Admission and Enrollment Mitchell Chávez at email@example.com (please include “Visits and Events Manager” in the subject line). No phone calls, please. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Bard Academy and Bard College at Simon’s Rock are equal opportunity employers and we encourage applications from those who contribute to our diversity, as the values of equity and inclusion are core to our institutional mission. Employment is contingent on successful completion of background check