Financial Aid CounselorEmployer Website: http://apply.interfolio.com/100936
The Office of Financial Aid at Bard College is seeking a Financial Aid Counselor to assist qualified students who might not be able to attend a private college because of the cost. In recent years, approximately two-thirds of all Bard students have received some form of assistance from the College and/or federal, state, and private programs. The Office of Financial Aid is instrumental in helping our students obtain the assistance they need in order to afford to attend college.
The successful candidate will excel at working in a community that is broadly diverse with regard to race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, and religion.
This is a full-time, hourly, non-exempt, 12 month per year position reporting to the Director of Financial Aid.
- Assist in collecting applications, responding to inquiries, and completing verification processes for undergraduate students.
- Assisting in the daily activities of the office including counseling students and parents, responding to phone inquiries and talking to prospective students.
- Processing and reconciling alternative Loans.
- Exit counseling for direct loans.
- Assist with monitoring financial aid email.
- Cross train to provide backup support for the Student Employment Coordinator.
- Other duties as assigned by the director.
- Associate degree required; Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
- 1-3 years of financial aid office experience preferred
- Experience with databases, in particular BANNER, is desirable, as is experience in the higher education field.
- A sense of humor and excellent customer service skills are required.
- Attention to detail is extremely important.
- Must be able to build relationships with and support a student body that is broadly diverse with regard to race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, gender, gender identity, nationality, sexual orientation, and religion.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time and work in standard office environment.
- Must be able to occasionally lift 20 pounds.
- Must be able to work occasional weekends and evenings as needed.
Bard offers an excellent benefit package. For more information visit the HR page of the Bard College website at: https://www.bard.edu/humanresources/benefits/.
About Bard College
Bard College’s main campus is in Annandale-on-Hudson, N.Y., with 1,900 undergraduate students; the College also includes multiple graduate programs. The 1,000-acre campus sits along the Hudson River and offers the Fisher Performing Arts Center, and Hessel Museum of Art, and is the home of the Bard Prison Initiative, the largest college-degree-granting prison education program in the U.S. The Bard Network also includes several Bard High School Early Colleges across the country as well as international campuses and partnerships.
The Bard Network is complex and demonstrates Bard’s priorities well in addition to the College’s emphasis on civic engagement.
Bard College is a private institution working in the public interest. Bard faculty and staff lead their students by example, building upon the existing network of boundary-breaking programs focused on rethinking who can and should be included in a liberal arts education.
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, mental, or physical disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, veteran status, or genetic information.
Bard is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for all individuals in employment practices, services, programs, and activities.