Director of Career DevelopmentThe director of the career development office (CDO) will provide innovative leadership and direction in the development and oversight of programs that aim to help students connect their undergraduate programs of study with internships and post-graduate employment opportunities.
Bard College is a private liberal arts college with a large national and international network of partner institutions. Located in the Hudson Valley, two hours North of NYC, Bard is a leader in bringing the liberal arts to communities around the globe. The director of career development provides leadership within the framework of a large network with a focus on Bard’s Annandale campus providing the vision for collaborative programming and career counseling for Bard’s 2000 undergraduate and graduate students.
- Masters degree in relevant areas,
- Proven track record providing career counseling services,
- Experience with academic advising in a liberal arts setting, and a minimum of 7-10 years of career development or related college or university experience is required.
- Familiarity with career assessments, including the MBTI and Strong Interest Inventory is preferred.
- The successful candidate will be detail-oriented, organized, and have excellent personal, oral and written communication skills; knowledge of computer software applications (GoogleSuite and Handshake); and experience preparing and managing budgets.
- Able to build relationships across faculty, employers, alumni/ae and students.
- Creative problem-solver who can continue to build on success and growth of office.
- Ability to stay abreast of new trends in career development and appropriately apply these to the CDO.
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity.