International Partnership Program AssistantThe Center for Civic Engagement (CCE) seeks a full-time International Partnership Program Assistant to assist in the day-to-day implementation, documentation, and reconciliation of funded partnership programs with Fulbright University Vietnam and other new international partnership initiatives. Reporting to the Director of the Center for Civic Engagement, s/he will provide general administrative support as outlined below.
- Initiate, track and follow-up on a range of concurrent administrative and financial activities
- Schedule and coordinate program meetings and events, and draft meeting minutes
- Make travel arrangements for program staff and faculty
- Draft visa and travel support letters
- Track project expenditures and prepare payment requests
- Review and reconcile project financial reports and fund requests in compliance with donor regulations Bard policies, and partner institution policies.
- Maintain a regular channel of communication with the CCE Director of Finance to finalize financial reconciliation requests and to ensure that expenditures adhere to approved grant budgets.
- Draft reports on program activities in coordination with the Associate Director of CCE.
- Assist in drafting narrative and budget proposals for program support.
- Coordinate with international counterparts to ensure that project goals are met in a timely fashion.
- Organize and maintain electronic and paper files
- Organize and screen application materials for faculty and staff recruitment.
- Assist in the drafting and/or review of letters of appointment in accordance with established personnel policies and scales at Bard and with partner institutions
- Maintain a regular channel of communication with the Bard Human Resources Office regarding faculty and staff recruitment, appointments, and benefits
- Coordinate fellowship applications and appointments
- Previous administrative experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge and experience in budgeting and finance
- High level of competency in Excel, Word, and Google Drive
- Strong communication, writing, editing and research skills
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task, work collaboratively with others, and meet deadlines
- BA in a relevant discipline
- Understanding of and interest in liberal arts education
- Knowledge of federal grant regulations is highly desirable, but not required
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, mental, or physical disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, veteran status, or genetic information.
Bard is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for all individuals in employment practices, services, programs, and activities.