Accounting Clerk/Finance AssistantEmployer Website: https://apply.interfolio.com/87887
The accounting clerk/finance assistant performs a variety of general accounting tasks and provides support as needed in the office of the controller. The position of Accounting Clerk/Finance Assistant reports to the Assistant Controller, and is a non-exempt, full-time, 12-month position.
Bard College’s main campus is in Annandale-on-Hudson, N.Y., with 1,900 undergraduate students; the College also includes multiple graduate programs. The 1,000-acre campus sits along the Hudson River and offers the Fisher Performing Arts Center, and Hessel Museum of Art, and is the home of the Bard Prison Initiative, the largest college-degree-granting prison education program in the U.S. The Bard Network also includes several Bard High School Early Colleges across the country as well as international campuses and partnerships. The Bard Network is complex and demonstrates Bard’s priorities well in addition to the College’s emphasis on civic engagement.
Bard College is a private institution working in the public interest. Bard faculty and staff lead their students by example, building upon the existing network of boundary-breaking programs focused on rethinking who can and should be included in a liberal arts education.
- Open all mail, sort invoices or requests that belong to the purchasing department. Review remaining mail for proper signature and documentation, forward where needed.
- Obtain W-9 forms for new vendor set up.
- Maintain file for all open purchase orders that have been processed and are pending delivery.
- Enter purchase order data in computer system.
- Enter and print weekly AP check run.
- Enter journal entries, budget adjustments and gift feeds.
- Run credit cards for various departments.
- Reconcile petty cash.
- Enter wires for weekly wire run.
- Research payment discrepancies.
- Assist with annual audit.
- Proven accounting experience, preferably as accounts receivable or accounts payable.
- Familiarity with bookkeeping and basic accounting procedures.
- Competency in Microsoft Office in general and Excel in particular.
- Organization, accuracy and attention to detail a must.
- Data entry and word processing skills preferred.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time and work in standard office environment.
- Must be able to occasionally lift 20 pounds.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume and three contact references to interfolio at: http://apply.interfolio.com/87887
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, mental, or physical disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, veteran status, or genetic information. Bard is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for all individuals in employment practices, services, programs, and activities.