Bard Early College New Orleans
Office Assistant (full-time) (Bard Early College New Orleans)Employer Website: http://apply.interfolio.com/98071
About the Bard Early Colleges
The Bard Early Colleges (BECs) are founded on the belief that many high school–age students are eager and ready for the intellectual challenges of a college education. The Bard Early Colleges act on this belief by providing younger scholars with a tuition-free, credit-bearing college course of study in the liberal arts and sciences following the 9th and 10th grades. Students are taught by college faculty in seminar classes; they receive up to 60 college credits and an associate in arts (A.A.) degree from Bard College, concurrently with a high school diploma.
Now in its second decade, the Bard Early College network serves over 2,900 students in campuses in Lower Manhattan and Queens, New York; Newark, New Jersey; New Orleans, Louisiana; Cleveland, Ohio; Baltimore, Maryland; and Washington, DC. Since 2003, Bard College has awarded more than 3,000 A.A. degrees to its early college students.
Bard invites applications for a dynamic individual who will join our team at Bard Early College in New Orleans (BECNO), LA. The position will start as soon as possible and is a 12-month contract.
This position will work in a fast-paced environment that requires self-direction and the ability to handle multiple priorities and a variety of administrative tasks. This position will report directly to the Executive Director (ED). The Office Assistant will play an instrumental role in offering continuity, organization and timeliness to the office administrative operations.
- Staffing the Deans’ office and attend to the school phone during business hours
- Supporting students signing in and out when being check-out by their guardian
- Managing the printing efforts of the campus
- Supporting the Associate Dean of Studies with supply order and inventory
- Supporting the Executive Director with credit card statements, invoices and other administrative needs
- Managing faculty with classroom and technology strategy implementation
- Responding to emergencies alongside the faculty and staff
- Being available for problem solving and supporting campus efforts as needed
Pay: $40,000 Annual Salary plus benefits
Bard Early College in New Orleans
Successful candidates must:
- be organized
- be proficient in Microsoft Suite and Google Sheets
- be independent and take initiative
- be comfortable building new systems
- be reliable
- have the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- handle confidential information with discretion
- have strong attention to detail, including proofreading
- display ownership of the role and want to play an integral part in supporting a team
- be able to work full-time (40 hrs per week) Monday-Friday during business hours
- Bachelor's Degree
To apply, please upload a letter of interest, resume and the names and contact information for three references by clicking on the “Apply Now” button through the Interfolio job application link provided here: http://apply.interfolio.com/98071
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, mental, or physical disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, veteran status, or genetic information.
Bard is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for all individuals in employment practices, services, programs, and activities.