Bard Center for Civic Engagement (CCE)
Administrative Assistant, Bard Center for Civic Engagement OSUN InitiativesEmployer Website: https://apply.interfolio.com/85432
The Administrative Assistant for the Bard Center for Civic Engagement OSUN Initiatives will develop processes and procedures related to the oversight of a diverse range of international civic engagement initiatives sponsored by the newly launched Open Society University Network (OSUN). The position is primarily responsible for creating systems to track spending, organize logistics and manage initiatives related to grant events, travel and team management. Working closely with Bard Center for Civic Engagement and OSUN staff, the position provides logistic and administrative support for a team responsible for the implementation for multiple OSUN initiatives. The Administrative Assistant is a full-time, non-exempt position and will be a dual report to the Vice President for Civic Engagement and Associate Vice President for OSUN-Bard Network
- Oversee all aspects of general office coordination including reception, front desk student staff and office hours and the management of correspondence and calendars for multiple members of the CCE and OSUN staff
- Develop a highly organized team management system to inform relevant staff of project progress and approaching due dates. Initiate, track and follow-up on a range of concurrent administrative and financial activities.
- Organize and document activities of civic engagement initiatives, including microgrants, community action awards, engaged research, certificate in civic engagement, and others.
- Help maintain and track impacts, assessments and materials for grant reporting.
- Draft reports on program activities in coordination with CCE leadership.
- Draft and/or review of sub-awards and activity agreements in accordance with grant guidelines and with partner institution designated staff.
- Review and reconcile project financial reports and prepare payment requests incompliance with donor regulations, Bard policies, and partner institution policies.
- Schedule and coordinate program meetings and events; draft and distribute meeting minutes.
- Make travel arrangements for program staff and faculty.
- Develop an annual work plan for the completion of cyclical administrative tasks and projects.
- Help with the scheduling, coordination, and preparation of agendas for meetings and conferences on campus and in the network.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated success working with and for diverse students, faculty and staff.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A self-starter with a positive attitude who finds that no task is too small and that all tasks are important to the overall operations of the office
- Proficiency with Google Drives, Google Docs, and Google Sheets, and the ability to learn new technology quickly and efficiently.
- Detail oriented, highly organized with excellent follow through.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time and work in standard office environment
- Must be able to occasionally lift 20 pounds
Please send a resume, cover letter and the contact information for three references to interfolio: http://apply.interfolio.com/85432
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, mental, or physical disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, veteran status, or genetic information.
Bard is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for all individuals in employment practices, services, programs, and activities.