Bard College at Simon's Rock
Web Development and Marketing ManagerEmployer Website: https://simons-rock.edu/early-college/contact-us/job-opportunities/index.php
Bard Academy and Bard College at Simon’s Rock seeks a creative and efficient Web Development and Marketing Manager to join the Marketing and Communications team.
The Web Development and Marketing Manager reports to the Vice Provost and plays a key role on the team, which is collectively responsible for developing and publishing website and digital content in alignment with the institution’s communications and marketing strategy. This role is responsible for providing strategic direction and management of both the Academy and College websites, including information architecture, SEO content development, user experience web design, and analytics reporting.
The Marketing and Communications department is a collaborative environment, and as a team member, you’ll be contributing to a unique learning environment where students start college early. We seek a collaborative individual with excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as strategic thinking and problem-solving abilities. The selected candidate must also demonstrate strong organizational, project management and multitasking skills.
- Manage the planning, development, and delivery of clear, relevant web pages (e.g. content, images, graphics, video, metadata, etc.), assuring that it is up to date, accurate, and relevant
- Review, collaborate, and edit content provided by staff and campus stakeholders for proper grammar, punctuation, clarity, readability, consistency, tone, and voice across all web experiences
- Provide training and act as a resource for department web editors and publishers
- Use Google Analytics, web logs, WordPress tools, and user testing to measure, evaluate and optimize site structures, processes, and content
- Implement Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO), and accessibility best practices and ensure they are maintained across all web properties
- Initiate, design, and create high-functioning, creative web pages independently with limited creative support and oversight
- Identify risks and develop and implement mitigation plans
- Update content within the CMS
- Create new forms based on existing form style and development
- 2+ years' experience using content management systems (Modern Campus Omni CMS experience strongly preferred).
- Experience working in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop & Acrobat).
- Experience using Google Analytics and SEO tools such as SiteImprove, Moz.
- Knowledge of best practices in web design and web application development.
- A demonstrated commitment to and knowledge about diversity, equity, and inclusion as critical components of academic excellence and student success.
- Ability to assess project needs, create an appropriate scope of work, and coordinate with stakeholders to accomplish the desired goal.
- Ability to design and create positive customer experiences in complex websites.
- Strong understanding of responsive and mobile design, and ADA compliance.
- Ability to work within a team, manage multiple projects, and possess good customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and handle evolving priorities.
- Experience in Adobe Dreamweaver, WordPress CMS, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, Camtasia/ Adobe Premier/ Final Cut, and Microsoft Office and Excel
- Familiarity with social media platforms, including Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube
- Detail-oriented, with high standards for brand, messaging, and quality
- Good sense for visual appeal, basic UX design, and photography skills
- Experience working in higher education
The mission of Bard Academy and Bard College at Simon's Rock is to inspire the curiosity and creativity of motivated younger scholars with a challenging, empowering, and inclusive education in the liberal arts and sciences. Our commitment to cultivating and maintaining a welcoming environment of equity and inclusion extends beyond the classroom to every member of the campus community.
This is a full-time position with benefits. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check. Simon’s Rock is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage applications from candidates of all races, nationalities, sexual orientations, gender identities, and socioeconomic levels.
To apply for the position please provide the following in PDF format:
- Letter of interest
- Links to work samples
- Salary requirements
- Contact information for at least three references
Bard College at Simon’s Rock and Bard Academy are equal opportunity employers and we encourage applications from those who contribute to our diversity, as the values of equity and inclusion are core to our institutional mission. AA/EOE.