Bard College at Simon's Rock
Academic Affairs AssistantAcademic Affairs Assistant
Bard Academy and Bard College at Simon’s Rock, located in Great Barrington, Massachusetts, seeks an Academic Affairs Assistant to support the accurate and efficient handling of all Academic information at the school. This position reports to the Dean of Academic Affairs and works as part of a collaborative team that includes the Registrar, the Assistant Registrar, and the Academic Services Coordinator. The Academic Affairs Assistant performs the following duties:
- Provide walk-in, email, and phone support to students, faculty, and families for all academic policies and procedures;
- Assist students, faculty, and advisors by answering questions and helping with forms and paperwork;
- Support the dean in managing the hiring process for new faculty; communicate all faculty arrivals and departures to key personnel; coordinate faculty office assignments;
- Provide administrative support for faculty initiatives, programs, and events, including field trips;
- Provide Academic Affairs support in the administration of large campus events including Arrival & Orientation, Family Weekend, and Commencement;
- Act as primary liaison between Academic Affairs and the Business Office;
- Order office supplies, letterhead, and business cards with external venders;
- Order desk copies for the General Education Seminars;
- Supervise the student worker(s) and assist with filing;
- Sustain institutional mission by performing other related duties as requested.
- Higher education experience; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Proven record of attention to detail, organizational skills and creative initiative
- Approachable, collaborative, service-oriented interpersonal manner
- Record of and commitment to maintaining confidentiality
- Proficiency, accuracy and professionalism in written and verbal communication
To assure consideration, applications should be submitted by September 1.
Bard College at Simon's Rock is the only four-year residential college of the liberal arts and sciences specifically designed to provide bright, highly motivated students with the opportunity to begin college in a residential environment after the tenth or eleventh grade. Bard Academy at Simon’s Rock is an independent boarding school that prepares bright, motivated 9th- and 10th-grade students to enter Bard College at Simon’s Rock.