Bard High School Early College Baltimore
College Transfer Advisor (Bard High School Early College Baltimore)Employer Website: https://apply.interfolio.com/90428
Bard High School Early College (BHSEC) Baltimore, a partnership between Bard College and the Baltimore City Public Schools (BCPS) in Baltimore, Maryland, invites applications for a full-time staff position, College Transfer Advisor, beginning August 2021.
The Bard early colleges enable intellectually curious students to complete a high school diploma and an Associate of Arts degree from Bard College within four years of study. The academic program emphasizes small classes and a commitment to teaching a diverse student body. Most students will be the first in their families to attend college.
Reporting to the Principal, the College Transfer Advisor manages the school’s overall college advising program. The position serves all four grade levels but has a particular emphasis on students in grades 11 and 12.
- Implementing a comprehensive postsecondary advising program that differentiates guidance for students pursuing two-year colleges, four-year colleges, military service, trade schools, and/or entry into the workforce.
- Teaching a weekly advisory class to students in eleventh and twelfth grades, including grading duties.
- Scheduling workshops, visits, on-site admissions, and other opportunities with college admissions representatives and representatives from other postsecondary options.
- Managing the timely submission of college admissions documents such as transcripts, recommendation letters, etc. and train faculty and staff in the systems for doing so.
- Ensuring timely FAFSA submission by graduating students, and offer support opportunities to families to complete it.
- Organizing two out-of-state college trips.
- Holding individual student advising meetings.
- Tracking and analyzing relevant postsecondary attainment data.
- Coordinating commencement logistics.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful applicant will have:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with college admissions processes and requirements.
- Knowledge of postsecondary opportunities in addition to colleges/universities.
- Attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and the ability to communicate effectively with students, families, faculty, staff, and partners.
- Experience with the FAFSA, Common Application, and Naviance are preferred.
- Experience with college advising for first-generation college-bound students is preferred.
To apply, please upload a résumé, cover letter, and a list of 3 references through the Interfolio job application link provided here: https://apply.interfolio.com/90428
Inquiries about vacant positions can be submitted to Dr. Francesca Gamber, Principal, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review of applications to begin immediately.
Bard High School Early College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity. Women and members of under-represented groups are strongly encouraged to apply. Please see the Bard employee handbook for more information about the employee policies of the College.
This position is contingent upon passing Baltimore City Public Schools (BCPS) pre-employment screening process and availability of funds. Work authorization in the United States is required for all BHSEC Baltimore faculty positions.