Open Society University Network (OSUN)
Social Media Manager (CCE and OSUN)Employer Website: http://apply.interfolio.com/115555
The Open Society University Network (OSUN) is a global network of educational institutions, anchored at Bard College and Central European University, that integrates learning and the advancement of knowledge across geographic and demographic boundaries, promotes civic engagement on behalf of open societies, and expands access to higher education for underserved communities. The Center for Civic Engagement realizes Bard’s vision— to act as a private institution in the public interest. CCE initiates programs, fosters sustained partnerships, and supports and connects student, faculty, and staff of Bard’s local, national, and international networks as they work to make a difference in the civic life of their communities.
The Social Media Manager is responsible for crafting and leading digital strategy for both the Open Society University Network (OSUN) and the Bard College Center for Civic Engagement (CCE). The manager will work closely with the communications team to design and implement campaigns that tell the story of the people, places, and programs that define CCE and OSUN’s work and impact. The Social Media Manager develops campaigns to grow both OSUN and CCE’s presence on multiple platforms, and provides insights into expansion while contributing to voice and brand.
- Develop compelling, creative social media campaigns and content that highlight CCE and OSUN’s vision, impact, and the work of students, faculty, and staff.
- Identify opportunities for rapid response across social media platforms.
- Develop a social media plan for all new projects/campaigns.
- Create and maintain digital partnerships with other communications staff to ensure cross posting and to create digital footprints with partners.
- Serve as a thought partner on implementation of social media, web design, video, and other needed communications to support digital campaigns.
- Collaborate with communication teams to tie digital programs into offline media outlets.
- Recommend and manage the systems used to track, organize, and schedule social media.
- Develop a system for reporting on campaign performance, evaluating efficacy, and making recommendations for improvement.
- Manage, mentor, and develop Student Media Fellows with an eye toward growth.
- 3-5 years of experience managing social media, preferably in a global setting.
- Experience with multiple platforms including Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and Facebook.
- Experience with developing and implementing social media strategies and tying them to organizational vision and mission.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to consult and coordinate among multiple teams to produce written content.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with ability to write digital content in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with successfully pivoting to prioritize breaking news and developing rapid response campaigns.
- Strong attention to detail and comfort level with digital and social media metrics.
Please submit a cover letter, resume with links to work samples, and three professional references with contact information through Interfolio at http://apply.interfolio.com/115555