About the Bard Early Colleges
Through a tuition-free, engaging college program in the liberal arts and sciences with robust supports, the Bard Early Colleges (BECs) help high school students, particularly those at risk of not completing postsecondary education, access, afford, and complete college more prepared for the next steps in their academic or civic life or in their careers. Students are taught by college faculty in seminar classes; they receive up to 60 college credits and an associate in arts (A.A.) degree from Bard College, concurrently with a high school diploma.
The Bard Early Colleges begin preparing students for college work as early as the 9th grade and offer ongoing guidance and academic support. Now in its second decade, the Bard Early College network serves over 3,000 students in five states and in Washington DC. Since 2003, Bard College has awarded more than 3,000 A.A. degrees to its early college students.About the Position
Bard High School Early College DC (Bard DC), a partnership between Bard College and District of Columbia Public Schools (DCPS), invites applications for full-time Operations Manager whose position will begin in July or August 2022.
The Operations Manager is charged with ensuring that all aspects of strategy & logistics are high functioning so that school leaders and teachers can focus exclusively on student achievement and classroom instruction. The Operations Manager will design, launch, and lead systems essential to the success of a growing and non-traditional campus for college students who are concurrently enrolled in high school. The Operations Manager will, moreover, align those systems with the unique learning context and mission of the Bard Early Colleges and is charged with ensuring that all aspects of strategy & logistics are high functioning so that school leaders and teachers can focus exclusively on student achievement and classroom instruction.Position Duties:Supervising Operations Staff
Finance and Purchasing
- Directly supervises and conducts IMPACT evaluations for front office (assistants and coordinators of strategy & logistics, registrars, clerks, business managers) and custodial staff in the absence of the Principal.
Facilities and Logistics
- Manages purchasing and looks for cost-savings
- Assists in timekeeping
Student Information Systems
- Serves as the point of contact for School Operations Specialist from DCPS Central Office.
- Monitors the building for cleanliness, physical condition, and safety matters
- Monitors and ensures that work orders have been submitted through a work order system
Human Resources Management
- Ensures there are clear procedures for the managing of student information, generating of reports, and monitoring of distribution of progress reports and report cards.
- Ensures the school maintains accurate student records, including attendance and enrollment.
- Monitors student transcript requests, teacher recommendations, and other records requests.
Student Recruitment & Enrollment
- Monitors timekeeping and payroll process for all school staff, including the request and use of substitute teachers; ensures the main office is fully functional and staffed.
- Ensures everyone has a clear understanding of DCPS-wide and school-specific policies and procedures.
- Liaises with DCPS Central Office to establish clear communication and operations.
Health and Safety
- Supervises Admissions coordinator to establish student recruitment plan and mailings for all grade-levels (including open houses and neighborhood canvassing with fliers and brochures).
- Supports the student enrollment and audit processes.
- Ensures that the student enrollment binders and materials are in compliance, through mock audits.
- Collaborates with school security to ensure student safety through school security guard post-orders and position rotations.
- Ensures that documentation for all drills and safety tests are maintained (specifically on the Emergency and Safety Alliance website).
- Collaborates with administrative staff to establish emergency response teams, review protocols, and ensure the plan is updated as needed.
- Collaborates with custodial staff to ensure all emergency equipment (e.g., fire extinguisher, smoke detectors, etc.) is in place and operational.
- Ensures that the annual school response plan is regularly updated and reviewed, and the school’s Emergency Response Team is aware of their responsibilities.
Bard High School Early College in Washington, D.C.Start Date:
July or August 2022Compensation:
Based on experience and following the guidelines provided here: https://dcps.dc.gov/page/compensation