Bus Driver, Part-Time CasualEmployer Website: https://apply.interfolio.com/81816
Bard College seeks a part-time, casual bus driver for the Bard College shuttle bus and other driving duties. Various shifts, including airport & train station trips. The successful candidate will excel at working in a community that is broadly diverse with regard to race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, gender, gender identity, nationality, sexual orientation, and religion.
Bard College’s main campus is in Annandale-on-Hudson, N.Y., with 1,900 undergraduate students; the College also includes multiple graduate programs. The 1,000-acre campus sits along the Hudson River and offers the Fisher Performing Arts Center, and Hessel Museum of Art, and is the home of the Bard Prison Initiative, the largest college-degree-granting prison education program in the U.S. The Bard Network also includes several Bard High School Early Colleges across the country as well as international campuses and partnerships. The Bard Network is complex and demonstrates Bard’s priorities well in addition to the College’s emphasis on civic engagement.
Bard College is a private institution working in the public interest. Bard faculty and staff lead their students by example, building upon the existing network of boundary-breaking programs focused on rethinking who can and should be included in a liberal arts education.
- Driving Bard College shuttle bus and other driving duties.
- Various shifts, including airport & train station trips.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Successful candidates will have a clean driving record, a CDL B license with a P addendum including Airbrakes.
- Trustworthy outgoing personality, adept at dealing with teens and young adults.
- Must be able to build relationships with and support a student body that is broadly diverse with regard to race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, gender, gender identity, nationality, sexual orientation, and religion.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work occasional weekends and evenings as needed.
Please submit an application via Interfolio at http://apply.interfolio.com/81816. You are welcome to upload additional documents, such as a cover letter or resume.
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, mental, or physical disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, veteran status, or genetic information. Bard is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for all individuals in employment practices, services, programs, and activities.