Bard Early College Network
Alumni Engagement CoordinatorThe Bard Early Colleges (BECs) are branch campuses of Bard College operating in partnership with public school systems. They award tuition-free college credits and associate in arts degrees alongside high school diplomas.
Bard College catalyzed the early college movement by recognizing that many young people are ready to step up to college study while in high school. Since 2001, the Bard Early Colleges have expanded to include eight campuses across five states. This is an exciting time to join a new team as we celebrate the founding of Bard High School Early College (BHSEC) DC this fall and build toward the twentieth anniversary of the Bard Early Colleges in 2020-2021.
We are seeking a part-time Alumni Engagement Coordinator (20 hours/week) to join a growing team based at BHSEC Queens in Long Island City, New York. Reporting to the Development Officer, the Alumni Engagement Coordinator will be responsible for launching a NYC-based alumni committee and implementing creative strategies to strengthen ties between the Bard High School Early Colleges (BHSECs) and the growing network of alumni across the country.
- Responsible for creating and overseeing a NYC area alumni committee, which will meet monthly (either by phone, video conference, or in person)
- Meet with 4-6 alumni per month (phone or in person) and identify prospects for committee leadership, solicitations, and volunteer opportunities
- Field alumni inquiries and empowering strong volunteer leadership
- Design system to maintain alumni updates and biographical data
- Working closely with the Development Officer, support fundraising activities, including direct appeals and individual outreach
- Assist with the coordination of key events including fundraisers, cultivation and volunteer events
- Source speakers and vendors for alumni events such as class reunions, professional development and social gatherings
- Oversee and develop content for Bard Early Colleges’ social media accounts
- Initiate alumni newsletter and maintain web presence
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 1-2 years of professional experience preferably in a non-profit setting
- Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment as a team player and to take initiative
- Excellent organizational, time management, and creative problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail and ability to handle confidential and sensitive information appropriately
- Command of social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Candidates with database experience a plus
Expected Start Date:
August or September 2019
To apply, send a letter of interest, resume, and the names and contact information for three references through our job application link on Interfolio at http://apply.interfolio.com/65599.
Review of applications begins immediately and will proceed until the position is filled.
Bard Early Colleges is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity.