Head Women’s Soccer Coach / Assistant Athletic DirectorEmployer Website: https://apply.interfolio.com/83346
Bard College seeks a Head Women’s Soccer Coach/Assistant Athletic Director. This is a full-time, exempt, 10 month per year. The Head Women’s Soccer Coach reports to the Director of Athletics on all matters related to the responsibilities listed below. The individual is a member of the College’s Student Services staff and participates in related meetings and on select committees. The successful candidate will excel at working in a community that is broadly diverse with regard to race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, gender, gender identity, nationality, sexual orientation, and religion.
Bard College’s main campus is in Annandale-on-Hudson, N.Y., with 1,900 undergraduate students; the College also includes multiple graduate programs. The 1,000-acre campus sits along the Hudson River and offers the Fisher Performing Arts Center, and Hessel Museum of Art, and is the home of the Bard Prison Initiative, the largest college-degree-granting prison education program in the U.S. The Bard Network also includes several Bard High School Early Colleges across the country as well as international campuses and partnerships. The Bard Network is complex and demonstrates Bard’s priorities well in addition to the College’s emphasis on civic engagement.
Bard College is a private institution working in the public interest. Bard faculty and staff lead their students by example, building upon the existing network of boundary-breaking programs focused on rethinking who can and should be included in a liberal arts education.
- The Head Women’s Soccer Coach recruits, instructs, and leads student-athletes within the philosophy of the College, Athletic Department, Liberty League, and NCAA Division III, and ensures a safe, equitable, positive environment for all student-athletes on the team to develop and improve both individually and collectively.
- Recruits an academically qualified, diverse, engaged, and enthusiastic roster of student-athletes through travel to events, phone calls, email, social media, and other means and platforms. Utilizes Front Rush, the department’s recruiting software, and regularly interacts with the Bard Admission office.
- Assists student-athletes in the process of navigating college, including academic, athletic, social, and other concerns. Communicates issues to department staff and Bard Student Services staff as necessary.
- Trains and prepares student-athletes for intercollegiate competition through practices, video review, scouting, and other means. Attends all contests, accompanies the team on trips, and assumes responsibility for the management and conduct of the team on and off the field. Ensures the safety and health of student-athletes in coordination with Athletic Trainers.
- Supervises and directs coaching staff on all team matters. Ensures that all department, college, league, and NCAA rules and regulations are understood and followed by student-athletes and coaching staff. Attends coaches’ meetings and other events as required.
- Works with the department’s Business Manager on all items related to the program’s budget, including team travel, equipment and gear, recruiting, and other expenses.
- Responsible for the maintenance and care of program inventory, including uniforms and equipment, and upkeep and presentation of the Lorenzo Ferrari Complex. Assists department in revisions in areas of field and facility safety, program risk management, policy making and staffing development.
- Attends all staff meetings and department events as required by the Director of Athletics. Assists in event management for matches/games of other teams as needed.
- Oversees all club sports, interacting with coaches and captains, securing field and gym reservations, setting and managing health and safety regulations, training student staff and club sport coaches in department protocols, and assisting with events, matches, and games as needed.
- Sets and manages a calendar of intramural events and programs, creating new events in conjunction with students, and managing current programs. Hires and supervises student staff for intramural offerings.
- Works with students outside of varsity athletic programs to develop new offerings in both club sports and intramurals. Interacts with Student Services staff to support clubs and activities that use athletic facilities.
- Experience as a player or coach is necessary, including having worked effectively with female student-athletes from diverse backgrounds.
- Individual should also have demonstrated experience and interest in recreation and sport related activities.
- Must be able to maintain a flexible work schedule and travel outside of 100-mile radius as required.
- Must be able to build relationships with and support a student body that is broadly diverse with regard to race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, gender, gender identity, nationality, sexual orientation, and religion.
- Must be able to occasionally lift 20 pounds
- Must be able to work frequent weekends and evenings as needed
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and the names of three references through Interfolio.com at: http://apply.interfolio.com/83346
In your cover letter / letter of interest for the position, please include short statements on each of the following:
- What personal and professional experiences have prepared you for this position?
- What will make you different from the other candidates applying for this position?
- How would you create and maintain a team environment that demonstrates and upholds a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion?