Help Desk Technician IIEmployer Website: http://apply.interfolio.com/104733
Bard College Information Technology seeks a friendly, ambitious, and technically skilled individual to serve as Helpdesk Technician II. The Helpdesk Technician II is a member of Bard IT’s User Services staff and will report to the Helpdesk Coordinator.
The Helpdesk Technician II is responsible for phone and in-person end-user technology support for Bard’s administration, faculty, and students.
Scope of work will include but is not limited to:
- Responding to Helpdesk calls, emails, and walk-ins on a regular basis
- Supervises lab monitor student employees (includes hiring, scheduling and training)
- Train and support less experienced team members
- Field calls/office visits/remote support as necessary
- Entry of support tickets for other groups within IT
- Appropriately routes issues not resolved on initial contact, ensuring all troubleshooting and triage steps are documented in tickets before reassignment.
- Special event support
- Inventory management and updates
- Computer lab and printer maintenance
- 2-3 years experience supporting Macs, PCs, printers, software & hardware
- Ability to communicate clearly and precisely, both verbally and in writing
- Practical knowledge and experience with installation, operation, and troubleshooting of virus/malware/spyware removal/detection tools
- Ability to develop understanding of college business practices and software
- Flexible, positive, and courteous public service demeanor
- High level of organization; strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast paced team environment
- Excellent follow-through to see tasks through completion
- 2-3 years Helpdesk experience
- Experience in college environments
- Familiarity with Helpdesk ticketing applications such as WebHelpdesk
- Familiarity with G Suite / Google Apps
- Familiarity with video conferencing applications such as Zoom, Skype, Blue Jeans, and Hangouts
To apply for this opportunity, please submit a cover letter, resume, the contact information for three references and at least one writing sample of your creative work documentation to Interfolio by following this link: http://apply.interfolio.com/104733
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, mental, or physical disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, veteran status, or genetic information.
Bard is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for all individuals in employment practices, services, programs, and activities.