Financial Management Specialist - [email protected]Employer Website: http://apply.interfolio.com/98283
Financial Management Specialist, Brothers @
[email protected] seeks a Financial Management Specialist to support the Executive Director (ED) in developing and implementing seamless fiscal, and operational systems, procedures, and processes. The ideal candidate will have experience and knowledge in non-profit and fund accounting, nonprofit management and governance, and operations.
[email protected] is a dual-beneficiary high-school retention and college persistence organization with the mission of improving the academic and social-emotional outcomes of YMOC in both secondary and post-secondary education. Since 2014, [email protected] has grown from a student-led pilot program ([email protected]) and institutional initiative, to a state-wide scalable model focused on expanding to college campuses and local communities across NY State and all 5-boroughs of NYC. The organization serves as a platform for hope, self-empowerment, and engagement—pressing needs among low-income and underrepresented students in secondary and higher education. Today, [email protected] works with nearly 200 young men of color annually—recruiting, training and hiring collegiate men of color to become mentors, Ambassadors, and positive male role-models to YMOC in high school and college. Through cross sector collaborations and partnerships with public and private institutions, corporations and nonprofits, [email protected] is a blueprint for addressing the ever-growing opportunity gaps YMOC face, and challenging historically exclusive and predominately white institutions to become inclusive spaces for young people
The Financial Management Specialist will play a critical role in partnering with the senior leadership team in strategic decision making and operations as [email protected] continues to enhance its quality programming and build capacity. This is a tremendous opportunity for a finance and operations professional to maximize and strengthen the internal capacity of a fast-growing, high-impact organization.
Financial Management and Operations
- Assist ED with expending, tracking, monitoring, and reporting on all funds
- Support Brothers @ budgeting and planning process of federal, state, local, and private funds in conjunction with the ED; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes; and keep senior leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status.
- Prepare monthly and ad hoc financial reports for the Executive Director and other leadership;
- Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements; collate financial reporting materials for all donor segments, and oversee all financial, project/program, and grants accounting.
- Support the preparation of, and monitor all vendor and consultant contracts
- Ensure timely and accurate bookkeeping, receivables, and payables;
- Other duties as assigned by Executive Director and Finance leadership
- Minimum of AA, military service and/or equivalent training/certifications in finance, budgeting, business or related fields. Preference for BA in a related field.
- The ideal candidate has experience of final responsibility for the quality and content of financial reporting, data maintenance and audit coordination for either a division or significant program area, and has preferably overseen a human resource function
- Ability to translate financial concepts into actionable and understand terms for non-financial programmatic and fundraising colleagues.
- A track record in grants management
- Technologically competent with experience selecting and overseeing software installations and managing relationships with software vendors; knowledge of accounting and reporting software
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem-solving skills which support and enable sound decision making
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of [email protected]
Please submit a cover letter, resume and the contact information for three references by following this link to Interfolio: http://apply.interfolio.com/98283
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, mental, or physical disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, veteran status, or genetic information.
Bard is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for all individuals in employment practices, services, programs, and activities.