Bard Prison Initiative
Office Manager - New York CityEmployer Website: http://apply.interfolio.com/110798
The Bard Prison Initiative seeks a full-time Office Manager. This role will sustain the growth of BPI’s NYC Office by fostering an inclusive, safe, and productive office environment for staff, students, and alumni. This role manages the guest experience and serves as the point of contact for visitors, including alumni and students. Additionally, the individual is responsible for the office facility services.
- Serve as the office receptionist
- Answer telephone and field calls appropriately
- Ensure arrangements are made for visiting staff
- Provide administrative support to the Director of NYC Programs
- Manage calendars, coordinate travel, prepare itineraries, and file expenses
- Preparation and submission of expenses
- Clearly and consistently communicate with BPI colleagues, informing them of office plans, policies, and procedures, and also integrate employee feedback to improve culture
- Assist with onboarding and off-boarding of staff and interns as needed by creating gift bags for new hires, updating organizational charts, updating distribution lists
- Support planning and coordination of in-office team events (e.g., new hire breakfast/lunch, team lunches); holiday parties and gifting
- Respond to staff queries
In partnership with the Director of NYC Programs, the Office Manager oversees the management of the NYC office by:
- Maintaining an organized office environment
- Assisting with organizing office operations and procedures
- Manage vendors (e.g., cleaning, security, etc.)
- Managing the calendar of the NYC conference room and communal spaces
- Addressing office management issues as they arise
- Ensuring compliance with Bard College’s health and safety protocols
- Serving as after-hours emergency contact of NYC office security (e.g., access control is not working, other issues)
- Manage office logistics, including ordering supplies, office snacks, and tracks the office supply costs against pre-existing budgets
- Maintain all office equipment
- Manage alumni computer loaner equipment on behalf of NYC team
- Coordinate incoming and outgoing postal and express mail, packages, and deliveries
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to type
- Knowledge of spreadsheets (Google Docs, Excel)
Formed in 1999 to address the mass incarceration crisis, the Bard Prison Initiative (BPI) defies expectations of who college is for and where it might lead. For twenty years, BPI has reimagined and redefined questions of availability, affordability, and expectations typically associated with college in America. One of the most rigorous and effective college-in-prison programs in the country, BPI is now extending its radical intervention in educational inequity outside of prison through the Bard Microcolleges and BardBac.
Submit a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three professional references including email address and phone number through Interfolio at http://apply.interfolio.com/110798
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, mental, or physical disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, veteran status, or genetic information.
Bard is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for all individuals in employment practices, services, programs, and activities.