Bard High School Early College Queens
Full-Time Faculty - Literature and World Literature (Long-term)
Employer Website: http://apply.interfolio.com/107149
Bard High School Early College (BHSEC) Queens invites applications for a position starting in the fall of 2022. It is a full-time, long-term position teaching four literature courses. The successful candidate will teach World Literature courses as Seminar sequence or college electives in their area of expertise. All faculty also participate actively in the life of the school, advising students, serving on committees, or sponsoring extracurricular activities.
Number of expected hires: 1
Location: 30-20 Thomson Ave., Long Island City, Queens, NY
Start Date: Fall 2022
- Master's in Literature, World Literature or a related field is required; a PhD in the field is preferred.
- The ideal candidate would plan to continue research in the field.
- The ideal candidate will be a skilled educator with a demonstrated interest in engaging and challenging younger students of diverse racial, ethnic and economic backgrounds and a variety of approaches to learning or needs for learning supports.
- The ideal candidate will demonstrate a continued interest in the ongoing work in their field.
- The ideal candidate will understand cultural differences and purposefully help to uplift ideas from underrepresented groups to improve the equity balance in education.
- Preference will be given to those candidates who have earned a Ph.D. in their field and have both college and high school teaching experience
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement Application Instructions
Please apply directly with Bard College / Bard Early Colleges. Do this by clicking on the “Apply Now” button found through the Interfolio job application link provided here: http://apply.interfolio.com/107149
Use the Interfolio link provided to upload the following documents directly with Bard College:
- Letter of interest
- C.V. / Resume
- Brief classroom story, drawn from your experience as a teacher or as a student, that helped to shape you as a teacher (c. 200 words).
- Contact information for three references
Please direct inquiries regarding this position to Laura Hymson at [email protected]
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, mental, or physical disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, veteran status, or genetic information.
Bard is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for all individuals in employment practices, services, programs, and activities.