Bard Early College at Houde Academy; Shenzhen, China
Early College Program AssociateAbout Bard Early College at Houde Academy
The Bard Early College at Houde Academy is a new academic partnership, established in 2017, that places a Bard College course of study within an emerging high school in Shenzhen, China. The Bard Early College (BEC) enrolls high school students in a full-time course of study in the liberal arts and sciences, led by Bard College faculty who are active in their fields. Students in the Bard Early College will gain an extraordinary preparation for rigorous and rewarding undergraduate study in international colleges and universities. We are now celebrating the extraordinary success of our first full graduating class, with fully 100% of our students offered matriculation opportunities at highly respected US, UK, Hong Kong and Australian institutions of higher education. This partnership builds on Bard College’s pioneering role in expanding opportunities for intellectually inspiring college study to younger students. Bard currently leads nine early college campuses across the United States. The Assistant will serve as an employee of Houde Academy, under the independent supervision of the Bard Early College at Houde Academy leadership.
Assist the Bard Early College Houde Director/College Representative
BEC seeks a Program Associate to enable and complement the work of the Director and Dean of Studies, with a primary focus on administrative assistance to the Dean of Studies. The Associate will begin in June 2019. The responsibilities of the Associate include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting the Dean of Studies to produce course lists and timetables, and maintaining the database on course offerings, student registrations and student grade reports.
- Preparation of the academic and organizational materials as needed by the Dean of Studies
- and Bard faculties.
- Coordinate across the staff and faculty of BEC and Houde Academy to ensure timely implementation of academic programming, student activities, staff and faculty meetings, and other aspects of the daily operations of the campus.
o Student Affair Office: Communicating with staff about student absence, leave applications and disciplinary problems.
o General Affairs: Coordinating the order of office and classroom supplies.
o Finance: Assisting the process of application and review of funding requests for activities and events
- Assist the executive logistics of the Director, including, but not limited to: general communications, liaison with local school authorities, travel arrangements, basic accounting, etc.
- Assist coordination of China recruitment activities for both the Early College and Bard College, including, but not limited to:
o General Chinese language assistance
o Strategy and organization of recruitment trips
o Communications with prospective students and parents, current students and their parents, and alumni
o Maintenance of contact database for recruitment
The successful candidate will have:
- Native or near native Chinese, full fluency in English
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel/Powerpoint/Word
- Effective communication, written and oral
- Excellent organizational skills
- Eagerness to support a unique educational initiative still in an early growth phase
- Flexibility to respond to changing circumstances and unforeseen challenges and opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from a college of the liberal arts and sciences
- Prior professional experience in education
- Prior experience working in China
The Program Associate will be compensated commensurate with experience. Employee health benefits and other benefits are also provided.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, the names of three references, and writing samples through Interfolio.com at: http://apply.interfolio.com/62613. Applications will be reviewed, starting immediately, on a rolling basis.
If you have questions about the position, please reach out to Shawn Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bard High School Early College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity.