Administrative Assistant, Health and Counseling ServicesEmployer Website: http://apply.interfolio.com/77692
Bard College seeks an Administrative Assistant for our busy Health and Counseling Services office. This position works for two departments: Health Services and Counseling Services. This is a full-time, non-exempt, 12 month per year position reporting to the Director of Counseling and the Director of Health Services. The successful candidate will excel at working in a community that is broadly diverse with regard to race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, gender, nationality, sexual orientation and religion.
Bard College’s main campus is in Annandale-on-Hudson, NY with 1900 undergraduate students; the campus also features multiple graduate programs. The 1000 acre campus sits along the Hudson River and offers the Fisher Performing Arts Center, the Hessel Museum of Art, as well as the home of the Bard Prison Initiative, the largest college degree granting prison education program in the U.S. The Bard Network also includes several Bard High School Early Colleges across the country as well as five international campuses and partnerships. The Bard Network is complex and demonstrates Bard’s priorities well in addition to the College’s emphasis on civic engagement.
Bard College is a private institution working in the public interest. Bard faculty and staff lead their students by example, building upon the existing network of boundary-breaking programs focussed on rethinking who can and should be included in this kind of education.
- Answering phones and scheduling appointments
- Submitting check requests,
- Updating websites,
- Responding to email inquiries,
- Overseeing the two different EMR (electronic medical records) programs
- Managing all the offices and equipment and office supplies, and
- Greeting students when they walk in for appointments.
- At least two years of experience in an office setting
- Experienced receptionist/administrative assistant with excellent communication skills able to manage incoming calls in a busy office with twelve providers in two separate departments.
- Computer skills: fluent in Microsoft Office including upload and management of data in Excel spreadsheets, ability to quickly learn electronic medical record scheduling in two different programs
- Must be discrete with sensitive medical information/able to follow HIPAA regulations
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time and work in standard office environment
- Must be able to occasionally lift 20 pounds
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, mental, or physical disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, veteran status, or genetic information. Bard is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for all individuals in employment practices, services, programs, and activities.