Emergency DispatcherEmployer Website: http://apply.interfolio.com/81276
Bard College Office of Safety and Security is seeking a full time Emergency Dispatcher. Reporting to the Director / Assistant Director of Security, the Emergency Dispatcher will be responsible for the receiving and obtaining information and monitoring of campus activities and buildings as directed. This position is considered essential and may be required to fill in for other dispatchers on off time. The successful candidate will excel at working in a community that is broadly diverse with regard to race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, gender, gender identity, nationality, sexual orientation, and religion.
Bard College’s main campus is in Annandale-on-Hudson, N.Y., with 1,900 undergraduate students; the College also includes multiple graduate programs. The 1,000-acre campus sits along the Hudson River and offers the Fisher Performing Arts Center, and Hessel Museum of Art, and is the home of the Bard Prison Initiative, the largest college-degree-granting prison education program in the U.S. The Bard Network also includes several Bard High School Early Colleges across the country as well as international campuses and partnerships. The Bard Network is complex and demonstrates Bard’s priorities well in addition to the College’s emphasis on civic engagement.
Bard College is a private institution working in the public interest. Bard faculty and staff lead their students by example, building upon the existing network of boundary-breaking programs focused on rethinking who can and should be included in a liberal arts education.
- Responsible for ensuring the safety of the students, employees, guests and property of the college by disseminating information to the appropriate personnel or department.
- Responsible for the accurate completion of reports and logs as required.
- Must be able to multitask, prioritize and rapidly handle emergency situations in a cool and calm manner.
- Must be familiar with computers, various operating systems and programs.
- Must have excellent organizational skills.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, telephonic and interpersonal, with a helpful and professional demeanor.
- Must be neat, presentable and professional at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma Required.
- Must possess a valid NYS driver’s license.
- Some security or dispatch experience preferred.
- Position requires good character references. Good health, especially in hearing and eyesight, and good personal habits, such as neatness and dependability.
- Position requires mental alertness, and to be emotionally stable to deal with emergencies.
- Attention to accuracy, ability to work under pressure, multitasking and strong follow up skills required.
- Acceptance to diverse, open-minded behaviors and/or actions.
- Ability to deal and use discretion with confidential matters a must.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment; on and off campus positive promotion of the college required.
- Strong literate, verbal and written skills required.
- Ability to use various equipment; such as a radio and telephone.
- Must have the ability to think quickly and act decisively in emergency situations.
- Must be able to work obscure or extended hours as needed.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time and work in standard office environment
- Must be able to occasionally lift 20 pounds
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and the names of three contact references through Interfolio.com at: http://apply.interfolio.com/81276
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, mental, or physical disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, veteran status, or genetic information.
Bard is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for all individuals in employment practices, services, programs, and activities.