Bard College at Simon's Rock
Advancement Services Associate – Institutional AdvancementBard College at Simon’s Rock, the nation’s first and only private early college, located in bucolic southern Berkshire County and serving 450 young scholars annually, is seeking qualified individuals to fill the Advancement Services Associate position in the Office of Institutional Advancement as the college moves towards an endowment campaign. Simon’s Rock is committed to lived values of inclusion and equity in a student-centered environment and across the institution. Reporting to the Advancement Services Manager, this position plays a key role in supporting all areas of Advancement operations, which fall under the direction of the Director of Institutional Advancement.
Responsibilities include participation in a full range of operations activities relating to data management, including but not limited to:
- Managing office expenses
- Budget tracking and generation of purchase orders (POs)
- Entering gifts and processing tax receipts
- Maintaining records, acknowledgments, stock valuations, check deposits, credit card gifts and matching gifts
- Interfacing with the business office by creating and reconciling weekly gift post reports and monthly fund reports
- Updating prospect records in database while maintaining constant attention to data integrity and accuracy
- Handling various data entry and data cleanup projects, as needed
- Creating lists and queries for bulk mailing and other outreach, as needed
- Supporting events, including tracking event guest lists and staffing
- General office support
The successful candidate must be highly organized, extremely detail-oriented, and responsible with confidential information demonstrating absolute discretion and sophisticated technical/computer skills that support both efficient workflow and improvisation. Additionally, the candidate will possess a professional demeanor with a strong constituent service focus as well as the following:
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in English
- Exceptional accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to think strategically and flex as situations warrant
- Ability to work both independently in a fast-paced environment and to prioritize among multiple time-sensitive tasks
- High levels of initiative and energy
All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. Bard College at Simon’s Rock is an equal opportunity employer. This is a full-time, 12-month, benefits-eligible position. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check. Please send a letter of interest and resume to Cathryn Harding, Director of Institutional Advancement, at firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Advancement Services Associate” in the subject line. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. No phone calls please.
About Simon’s Rock
Bard College at Simon's Rock is the only four-year residential college of the liberal arts and sciences specifically designed to provide bright, highly motivated students with the opportunity to begin college in a residential environment after the tenth or eleventh grade. Students who successfully complete the requirements receive the Associate of Arts (AA) degree after two years of study, and the Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree after four years. The college is located in Great Barrington, in the beautiful Berkshires of Western Massachusetts; the College enrolls approximately 400 students. Bard Academy at Simon’s Rock is the nation’s first two-year boarding and day program designed to prepare 9th and 10th graders for early college. Sharing a campus with the College, the Academy is taught by Simon’s Rock professors. In just six years, Academy students matriculating into the College can earn their Bachelor of Arts degree from Bard College at Simon’s Rock.