Research TechnicianEmployer Website: https://apply.interfolio.com/90787
The Research Technician position is a one-year, full-time, benefits eligible position starting on September 1, 2021 and based out of Bard's main campus in Annandale-on-Hudson, New York. The research project is focused on plant-soil interactions, and work involves seed germination trials, fungal culturing, DNA barcoding, and plant-soil feedback experiments. Experience with preparation of samples for DNA sequencing (i.e. DNA extractions, PCR, gel electrophoresis, PCR cleanup) is required.
The technician will be responsible for:
- Coordinating daily operations
- Maintaining equipment
- Recording data
- Managing undergraduate research teams.
- Proficiency with database management in Excel is necessary.
- Experience conducting statistical analyses in R is desirable.
- Occasional travel may be required, both in and out of state.
- The ability to conduct physically rigorous work in a variety of weather conditions.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Master’s degree preferred. Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in biology or allied fields required.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Experience conducting or managing research projects.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and the contact information for three references by following this link: https://http://apply.interfolio.com/90787
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, mental, or physical disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, veteran status, or genetic information.
Bard is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for all individuals in employment practices, services, programs, and activities.