Bard High School Early College Queens
Part-Time Student Activities Coordinator (Bard High School Early College Queens, NY)Employer Website: http://apply.interfolio.com/80075
About the Bard High School Early Colleges
The Bard High School Early Colleges are founded on the belief that many high school–age students are eager and ready for the intellectual challenges of a college education. The Bard Early Colleges act on this belief by providing younger scholars with a tuition-free, credit-bearing college course of study in the liberal arts and sciences following the 9th and 10th grades. Students are taught by college faculty in seminar classes; they receive up to 60 college credits and an associate in arts (A.A.) degree from Bard College, concurrently with a high school diploma. The Bard High School Early Colleges begin preparing students for college work as early as the 9th grade and offer ongoing guidance and academic support.
Now in its second decade, the Bard High School Early College network serves over 2,900 students in campuses in Lower Manhattan and Queens, New York; Newark, New Jersey; New Orleans, Louisiana; Cleveland, Ohio; Baltimore, Maryland; and Washington, DC. Since 2003, Bard College has awarded more than 3,000 A.A. degrees to its early college students.
The Student Activities Coordinator -SAC will be responsible for designing, implementing, and overseeing student events and activities on campus in conjunction with the Assistant Principal of Organization. This role will represent a significant contribution to community building and celebration and recognition of unique cultural heritages represented in our school. The SAC will also be a proactive support in the campus’ restorative practices. The SAC will manage the Student Activities budget and report to the Assistant Principal of Organization for most aspects of the role. The SAC will report to the Dean of Academic Affairs for commencement planning and support. There is some flexibility in schedule, but the position requires 20 hours worked per week, with most of the hours being needed between 1:00-5:00 pm.
Student Activities Responsibilities include:
- Overseenig All Student Clubs and Organize Club Fairs
- Coordinating Volunteer Opportunities
- Encouraging Students to Engage in Extracurricular Activities, Connection with the College Transfer Director
- Building Community Recognition of Strong Cultural Heritage
- Planning and Executing Family-Facing or Student Events Related to Student Activities and School Events, these may include, and are not limited to
- Bard Ball for graduating YR2 college students
- Haunted House
- International Night
- Arts Night
- Themed days
- Battle of the Bands
- Photography days
- Supporting the graduation events
- Maintaining and Updating Internship and Job Opportunities on website
- Planning and Leading Enrichment Opportunities and Develop Community Partnerships
- Attending Meetings and Support the Student Government Initiatives
- Being Familiar with Bard Diverse Network of Action (Bard DNA) Activities and Encourage Participation, Connecting with the Bard DNA Program Coordinator
- Collaborating with Assistant Principal around Restorative Circle Mediation and Community Building Circles
- Being an Active Member of the Advisory Committee, Sharing Student Interests and Working in Conjunction With Committee Members and the Assistant Principal of Organization to Finalize Weekly Advisory Scripts
- Coordinating (not delivering) Mental Health Supports and Resources Connect with School Counselors
- Designing Ways to Collect, Track, and Follow Up Student’s Perception of School Community
- Managing Student Activities Budget with our Parent Teacher Association and Bard College
- Supporting Commencement Planning Along with a Team from BHSEC Queens and BHSEC Manhattan
- Supporting Campus Outreach to Parents/Families, Connecting with the Parent Coordinator
As a small school, we look forward to having you as an integral member of the BHSEC Queens community. Openness to growth, excellence, and teamwork are valued and we appreciate your continued support!
To apply, send your cover letter, resume, and three references as a .pdf using the Interfolio job application link provided:http://apply.interfolio.com/80075
Review of applications to begin immediately.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, mental, or physical disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, veteran status, or genetic information.
Bard is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for all individuals in employment practices, services, programs, and activities.