Administrative Assistant, Office of DevelopmentEmployer Website: https://apply.interfolio.com/84349
Bard College seeks a full-time Administrative Assistant in the Office of Development. This position is responsible for managing administrative support for a busy office and reports directly to the Senior Director of Development.
Bard College’s main campus is in Annandale-on-Hudson, N.Y., with 1,900 undergraduate students; the College also includes multiple graduate programs. The 1,000-acre campus sits along the Hudson River and offers the Fisher Performing Arts Center, and Hessel Museum of Art, and is the home of the Bard Prison Initiative, the largest college-degree-granting prison education program in the U.S. The Bard Network also includes several Bard High School Early Colleges across the country as well as international campuses and partnerships. The Bard Network is complex and demonstrates Bard’s priorities well in addition to the College’s emphasis on civic engagement.
Bard College is a private institution working in the public interest. Bard faculty and staff lead their students by example, building upon the existing network of boundary-breaking programs focused on rethinking who can and should be included in a liberal arts education.
- Serves as Administrative Assistant to the Senior Director of Development
- Sets appointments and coordinates meetings and events
- Manages travel arrangements and expense reporting for senior staff
- Manages departmental budgets and expenses
- Drafts letters and communications on behalf of the Vice President of Development and Senior Director of Development
- Provides staffing support for Office of Development and Alumni/ae Affairs events as needed
- Data entry and assisting with the processing of gifts
- Supervises work-study students
- Maintains donor files
- Is responsible for office phone and reception desk coverage
- Serves as back-up for Executive Assistant to Vice President of Development when needed
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced setting with acute attention to detail
- High school diploma; college degree preferred
- Background and knowledge of fundraising desirable
- Excellent computer skills including Word, Excel, G-Suite, and mail merges required
- Knowledge of Ellucian Banner or other Oracle-based databases helpful
- Availability to work some weekend and evening hours throughout the year
- Must be able to build relationships with and support an alumnx and student body that is broadly diverse with regard to race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, gender, gender identity, nationality, sexual orientation, and religion.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time and work in a standard office environment.
- Must be able to occasionally lift 20 pounds.
- Must be able to work occasional weekends and evenings as needed.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and the names of three contact references through Interfolio at http://apply.interfolio.com/84349
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, mental, or physical disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, veteran status, or genetic information.
Bard is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for all individuals in employment practices, services, programs, and activities.