Assistant Dean of StudiesEmployer Website: http://apply.interfolio.com/104564
Bard College invites applications for an Assistant Dean of Studies (aDOS). The aDOS will help provide oversight of the College’s supplemental advising system and will work directly with students in academic distress, students pursuing competitive post-graduate scholarships and fellowships, and students seeking to earn credit outside of the standard curriculum.
The aDOS will also contribute to the development and implementation of student-facing academic policies and procedures on the College’s main campus in Annandale and, as appropriate, on other Bard degree-granting campuses. This is a full-time, non-exempt position reporting to the Dean of Studies / Associate Vice President for OSUN-Bard Network Programs and Academic Affairs.
- Supplemental advising for students on academic probation or in academic distress
- Post-graduate advising, including students interested in post-graduate study and in competitive scholarships and fellowships
- Advising students pursuing irregular programs of study, including Multi-Disciplinary Studies, joint majors, course overloads, part-time study, and exemption from requirements)
- Study away/abroad approvals
- Serving as a resource for students and faculty about academic policies
- Managing the process for academic integrity concerns
- Managing the process for student grade appeals
- Participating in bi-annual academic standing and financial aid review processes
- Coordinating with House Professors and Student Life on student follow-up and programming
- Masters degree required, terminal degree preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in academic advising, academic affairs, or a related field
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated success working with diverse students, faculty and staff
- Strong problem-solving, decision-making and time management abilities
- Detail oriented, highly organized with excellent follow through
Please submit a cover letter, resume, diversity statement, and the the contact information for three references by following this link to Interfolio: http://apply.interfolio.com/104564
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, mental, or physical disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, veteran status, or genetic information.
Bard is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for all individuals in employment practices, services, programs, and activities.