The Locksmith II is under the supervision of the Physical Plant Department, and as delegated within the Buildings and Ground Department and Administrative Management for trades, utilities, grounds, housekeeping, and general operations.
Pay for this full-time, non-exempt hourly position is $29.06. (Less 75 cents during 3-month probationary period).
Hours: 7:00 am to 3:30 pmJob Duties
- Perform all duties including, but not limited to all phases of the maintenance and installation of all door hardware components at the College's facilities, door closers, cutting of keys, panic devices, cylinder cores, magnetic locks, metal key locks, and familiarity with software system for magnetic locking systems. May perform related assignments under the supervision and/or guidance of a Level l locksmith.
- Perform all specific duties in a diligent and professional workmanlike manner
- To operate and make use of required mechanical equipment relating to and in performance of specific duties.
- Operate vehicles for purpose of transportation of materials and equipment in the performance of duties.
- Maintain the necessary records for the acquisition and the inventory of materials as required.
- Assist other trades for the harmonious and expeditious completion of specific assignments. lt is expected that locksmiths and carpenters will coordinate all door related tasks to meet the needs of each situation
- Report specific deficiencies and unsafe conditions in related Campus systems.
- Must have own hand tools to perform duties in a professional manner
- Perform other related work as assigned and overtime as required
- Conform to the safety and efficiency standards established by Bard College.