Nursery School Assistant Teacher/Extended Day Teacher, PTEmployer Website: http://apply.interfolio.com/106317
Bard College Nursery School and Children's Center is an on-campus early childhood center serving faculty and staff families at Bard college and the surrounding community. The school's house a program for 3s and a PreK for 4 and 5 year olds, and follow a Reggio inspired emergent curriculum, play based approach to early childhood education. The assistant teacher will support the core teaching staff and lead our extended day program, reporting for work from 12 - 5:15 daily. This position is hiring for June 1. It is preferred (but not required) that the candidate work through June 24 and then return on August 23rd for the 2022-23 school year on a 10-month contract. This is an hourly, non-exempt position.
- Assist the lead teachers in all daily activities
- Supervise children’s lunch time, rest time
- Be responsible for extended day care in collaboration with a second afternoon extended day teacher
- Facilitate pick up and be available for parent communication, to deliver and receive messages about a child's day or family questions and concerns
- Collaborate with 2nd closing teacher for afternoon planning and activities
- Gather documentation to share with the teaching team as necessary
- Be on time and present, minimizing engagement with screens
- Bachelor's or Associate's degree in Early Childhood education or a related field.
- Demonstrated early childhood experience
- Skilled in conflict resolution strategies, social-emotional literacy, developmentally appropriate practice
- Comfortable working outside in all weather, and be able to meet the physical demands that the position requires
- A positive and resilient attitude, joy in working with others, ability to receive and give feedback
- Candidate must have excellent verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Google suite
- Successful candidate must undergo a background check and fingerprinting, among other licensing requirements
Please submit a cover letter, resume and the contact information for three references on Interfolio by following this link: http://apply.interfolio.com/106317
Please note that Bard College requires all employees to be vaccinated and booster against Covid-19 unless qualifying for a medical or religous exemption.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, mental, or physical disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, veteran status, or genetic information.
Bard is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for all individuals in employment practices, services, programs, and activities