Desktop Support TechnicianBard College Information Technology is seeking a skilled and motivated Desktop Support Technician for a full-time position on the Annandale-on-Hudson campus.
The Desktop Support Technician is primarily responsible for handling first and second level support of user workstations, computer labs, and printers. A thorough understanding of desktop operating systems and applications and a proven track record of excellent customer support will be required.
Bard Information Technology supports a diverse and exciting academic environment. The motivated candidate will find ample freedom to learn new technologies and develop processes to support the organization.
- Independently motivated. Positive attitude with strong customer service orientation
- 2+ years of experience and/or IT degree or certification
- Proven written and oral communication skills
- Aggressive problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Strong understanding of computer hardware and experience with hardware repair
- Extensive knowledge of Windows operating systems
- Ability to work on a team and communicate effectively with all team members
- Ability to maintain inventory of hardware and to document the status and resolution of user issues
- Experience with computer imaging and computer lab maintenance
- Valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of MacOS, iOS, Android operating systems and supporting applications
- Experience in Active Directory management and Group Policy creation
- Understanding of desktop security standards
- Knowledge of device management and automation software
- Experience with ticketing systems or databases
- Assist users/departments with technology installations and deployments of PCs and Macs
- Provide software and hardware support to end users on-site on campus and surrounding areas; occasionally provide support remotely
- Set up or move IT equipment as needed
- Update, maintain, and replace PC and Mac hardware and software in labs, classrooms, and teaching stations
- Diagnose and resolve hardware and software issues
- Provide support relating to the use of Windows and Mac operating systems
- Install and provide user support for peripheral devices and standard software applications
- Remove viruses and perform malware remediation
- Recommend best practices to users
- Use a ticketing system to document issues and resolutions
- Maintain asset inventory of hardware
- Maintain database of passwords
- Maintain awareness of impending technology changes that will affect users or the campus as a whole
- Investigate and understand changes to technology
- Support mobile devices including iPhone, iPad, android devices, tablets and broadband devices
- Interface with vendors in addressing complex problems, technical issues, warranty support, software licenses
- Help maintain an up-to-date list of software installed in labs and classrooms
- Clean and rebuild used computers for redeployment
- Organize IT equipment in storage closets and maintain inventory
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, mental, or physical disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, veteran status, or genetic information.
Bard is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for all individuals in employment practices, services, programs, and activities.